Main Menu

Sail Panels - Gran Coupe

Started by CudaA39, July 15, 2021, 10:50:09 AM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaA39

Can anyone tell me if the sail panels for a Gran Coupe w/ hard headliner are the same as with a regular headliner car?  I don't see any specific call outs from any vendor yay or nay, but Legendary doesn't list any sail panel when you specify 'Gran Coup'.
Check out my 71 Gen3 build:

https://youtu.be/XSDAWczXoZw

2015 Tri-State Stock/Superstock Champion
2017 Monster Mopar Weekend Sunday Pro Winner
2018 Monster Mopar Weekend Friday No Box Winner and 11.50 R/U

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Mrbill426

I would think the panel boards would be the same, but just a matter of the type and color of material in the headliner to find covers to match.   By "hard" do you mean no material headliner, just hard "board"?  If that is the case I would imagine just plain vinyl covered pick your color sail boards, or bare no covering boards?  Just guessing mind you.

Quote from: CudaA39 on July 15, 2021, 10:50:09 AM
Can anyone tell me if the sail panels for a Gran Coupe w/ hard headliner are the same as with a regular headliner car?  I don't see any specific call outs from any vendor yay or nay, but Legendary doesn't list any sail panel when you specify 'Gran Coup'.

CudaA39

Yes, the one piece headliner, I forget what the material is called.  Beaver board?

That was my hope, and assumption, but I figured my luck they'd be something unique.  Thank you for the info

Check out my 71 Gen3 build:

https://youtu.be/XSDAWczXoZw

2015 Tri-State Stock/Superstock Champion
2017 Monster Mopar Weekend Sunday Pro Winner
2018 Monster Mopar Weekend Friday No Box Winner and 11.50 R/U

Mrbill426

Again just guessing but I would think they would have used a material as similar as possible in appearance and color to the main liner.

Quote from: CudaA39 on July 15, 2021, 07:28:15 PM
Yes, the one piece headliner, I forget what the material is called.  Beaver board?

That was my hope, and assumption, but I figured my luck they'd be something unique.  Thank you for the info

cuda hunter

Perhaps    @EB3-GranCoupe  might be able to shed a little light on the subject.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

EB3-GranCoupe

The backing board is the same, just the material is different; it matches the headliner.

cuda hunter

EB3-GranCoupe

@Cuda Hunter

Every now and then I pop up out of my burrow!

cuda hunter

Well it's spring time and it's time to come out into the sun!  Good to see you around again.   :cheers: