Main Menu

Good or Bad?

Started by 73_Cuda_4_Me, March 08, 2018, 04:34:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

73_Cuda_4_Me

73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

750-h2

Not a big fan right now, but it may grow on me?

73_Cuda_4_Me

I'm thinking that in Plum Crazy or B5 Blue, that might look pretty mean!

BS23H3B

RUNCHARGER

I don't think it works with the shaker in the middle of the hood.
Sheldon

73_Cuda_4_Me

:thinking:

It was probably designed to be symmetrical, and as soon as they got the first side on, it got hit by time warp, transported back to Hamtramck Assembly plant, just long enough for their 'Close Enough', then popped back on the street of today...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BS23H3B

Dakota

Nice that it's an option, but not my cup of tea... especially for just under $1k.   

ToxicWolf

:haha:  :rofl: asymmetrical is pleasing to the human psyche.  I know we are primarily engineers and mechanics around here but consider this from the mind of a Da Vinci or Pollock.  The stripes were designed to accent the shaker and skew the overall lines of the car.  It helps take eyes away from the rediculous lines in the car that were forced into the body shape by the laws of aerodynamics.  I actually like the stripes.  Yes, I know I'm the weird artist type.  And everyone has the absolute right to find things visually pleasing or not.  That just makes the world a more interesting place.

When I see a 70 Challenger sitting next to one of the new ones ... I know which one I would pick visually ... And which one I would choose from a mechanical standpoint.  There lies the delima.  :crying:

:banana:  :wave:

GoodysGotaCuda

doesn't look too bad to me. The typical "racing stripes" drive me nuts when I see it on newer Challengers. Thats a GM+Mustang muscle car graphic, NOT Mopar muscle cars.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

73_Cuda_4_Me

It was also interesting to see the "Wide body" Challenger below the article... Thoughts on that?

BS23H3B

Bullitt-

sum of ya might of not followed the link to the '71 .... I like it except the tail lights are uggo
https://www.autoblog.com/2016/11/01/1971-dodge-challenger-shakedown-concept-sema/#slide-4253630

As for the 2018 not so much... wide body could have been better executed if you ask me.
Looks to much like the add on universal splash guards they screw on 4X4's  :thumbdown:
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

72 Challenger

The graphics package is weak in my mind. The shaker decals they had on the new Challenger before were better.

As for the wide body, I love it because it screams muscle car. Not necessarily in looks but in execution. Back in 1970 if you wanted wider tires for racing you slapped on some fender flares. When a car company needed to homologate a car for racing they just slapped on the parts they needed onto cars. Think the tear drop hood on the thunder bolt, the hood scoop and side exhaust on the Challenger T/A, Ram Charger intakes, Z/28 suspension, Superbird etc... The wide body car has that feel to me. They wanted the challenger to hook up better, handle better - so they threw on bigger tires, changed some suspension components, created more down force and to make it road legal mopar slapped on some flares and off to the showroom floor. Just like the heydays of muscle cars. It may look a bit odd but, at the time they were released, so did the thunderbolt, A990's, RO23 and WO23 cars, Superbirds, Torino Talladega's - cars that are highly desirable today because they were unique, rare and bred solely for one reason - performance.
Someday I will have a J0b.

73_Cuda_4_Me

Not a huge fan of how they did the rear spoiler on the 71... looks like it was put on as an afterthought... I'd think the ends would end up fluttering a bit when you opened her up on the highway...
:burnout:

BS23H3B

303 Mopar

Not for me but I appreciate the effort and detail that went into this build. Trying to be unique and standout will not appeal to all.

blown motor

Interesting that the article says "the reception was clearly good" but almost everyone here doesn't really care for it.  :dunno:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

chargerdon

what is good for sales is the Plum Crazy and B5 blue available on any trim.   Look a stock v6 new challenger is as quick as a 440 1970 challenger was back then...so no need to buy an RT...   just to get plum crazy !!