Main Menu

Diesel Chally

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, July 26, 2018, 06:35:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

RUNCHARGER

I know you can build them fast but that just isn't my deal.
Sheldon

dave73

definitely different...that tail panel looks weird to me?

Burdar

Pretty cool if you ask me.  Looks like someone who is into diesels found an old beat up race car that needed an engine.  Why not.  I bet he gets more attention in the pits then if it had a small block in it.

The 72-74 tail panels always look weird when people paint them all the same color.  All matte black is OK, but all body color or all gloss black looks wrong to me.

dave73

Quote from: Burdar on July 26, 2018, 11:02:28 AM
Pretty cool if you ask me.  Looks like someone who is into diesels found an old beat up race car that needed an engine.  Why not.  I bet he gets more attention in the pits then if it had a small block in it.

The 72-74 tail panels always look weird when people paint them all the same color.  All matte black is OK, but all body color or all gloss black looks wrong to me.

Yea I agree, that's what it must be.

JS29

It looks like someone recessed the rear light lenses to me.

dodj

Quote from: dave73chally on July 26, 2018, 08:48:20 AM
definitely different...that tail panel looks weird to me?
They have been made into one piece instead of removable light sections. Doesn't have the relief of the originals. More flat.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Chryco Psycho

They may have filled the rear panel to build it up flat , probably a Cummins too

dodj

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 26, 2018, 09:32:22 PM
probably a Cummins too
Well, you might as well use the best  :burnout:

Be pretty bad to put a powerjoke in it..
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Chryco Psycho

:iagree:
The stack looks to be in the right place for a Cummins & only a single stack

303 Mopar

A couple of years ago this diesel Cuda was built.

ledphoot

I want to know where he got the flush mount windshield / rear glass.

ledphoot

I reached out to Weaver Customs and they said they did metal work front and rear to match up the openings to the glass so no molding would be required.. More than I am willing to do :) Now if Fesler made flush mount glass for E-Bodies like they do for Camaro's and Mustangs we'd be talking...