Main Menu

Rare Paperwork ?

Started by anlauto, August 06, 2023, 05:02:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

benguin

LA can still surprise you.  I found a build sheet (1) in my summer build 70 Challenger, so there is hope!

cuda hunter

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 06, 2023, 07:29:52 PM
After you chop into that baby you'll be able to turf it all into the fireplace without feeling guilty!

I sure hope you don't destroy the original documentation. 
I'll be glad to pick it up if your gonna destroy it. 

Cool car.  Was it originally tx9?   Where is the fender tag picture?   
I"m sure you will do something awesome with it. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

YellowThumper

Shame to see that...
Glad you will give it a new life. Most would not.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

MoparCarGuy

Quote from: benguin on August 07, 2023, 09:31:50 AM
Alan, I can't make out the VIN-- if it's an Oct/Nov Hamtramck build, can you check to see if it has the correct build sheets in the seats?

The VIN is BP23N0E118433 and the SPD should be either B11 (NOV 11, 1969) or B12 (NOV 12, 1969). It could be a bit earlier or later since SPDs and actual build dates vary.
Attached a copy of the Chrysler Corporation letter from Robert H. Kline.

jimynick

Alan, that thing got cranked and you'd be well advised to be careful in your choice of repairer, as I'm sure you know. If you don't know a good collision shop (different from a restoration shop) let me know, as I was in and out of some over the years. While the roof will come down while pulling, care needs to be taken to not over pull it as it'll stretch out too far unless supported at the kink. Save yourself some money and pull the interior and headliner before sending it out, and I'd see about pulling the engine/trans too. Don't be surprised if the frame rail is tearing out of the floor, mine did. You've got yourself a project buddy!  :wrenching:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Spikedog08

Sounds like it will be a great car!  I would consider a restro-mod in any one of my cars . . . I just want to get in a car and go anywhere I want. 

:D
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

Quote from: jimynick on September 11, 2023, 06:20:29 AM
Alan, that thing got cranked and you'd be well advised to be careful in your choice of repairer, as I'm sure you know. If you don't know a good collision shop (different from a restoration shop) let me know, as I was in and out of some over the years. While the roof will come down while pulling, care needs to be taken to not over pull it as it'll stretch out too far unless supported at the kink. Save yourself some money and pull the interior and headliner before sending it out, and I'd see about pulling the engine/trans too. Don't be surprised if the frame rail is tearing out of the floor, mine did. You've got yourself a project buddy!  :wrenching:

Hey @jimynick  I might take you up on that offer....I had our mutual friend Max from Waterdown interested in having me build the car for him, but he has since changed his mind.....and judging by the price he quoted me on doing the "pull", he's not interested in doing that either :haha: :haha:

So I would like to find a shop that likes playing with the old stuff too...at least just to do the pull....the rail and apron will need replaced too, but if they're not interested, then my body guy can handle that...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Quote from: Spikedog08 on September 11, 2023, 06:29:19 AM
Sounds like it will be a great car!  I would consider a restro-mod in any one of my cars . . . I just want to get in a car and go anywhere I want. 

:D

Dave, I've got over 2000 trouble free miles on mine now...starts every time, getting 18-19 mpg roughly handles like a dream :stayinlane:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration