Main Menu

Ever Wondered What Paperwork The Dealer Kept?

Started by rocketresto, December 20, 2023, 10:31:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

rocketresto

Well here is your chance to see what paperwork the dealer had when you ordered your muscle car in 1970. This is a video of a folder from a closed down Chrysler Plymouth dealer called Duarte and Witting in Martinez, California. I have traveled all over the country trying to find this stuff and it just fascinates me. How dealers ordered cars, what percentage were performance cars, mistakes made along the way, etc etc. If anybody knows of any dealers that have been around forever ask them if they have any of this stuff. Can't tell you how many times we have gotten to a dealer and just been told "just threw it all away". Chrysler has no records past 1967 so this stuff is the only record of most of these cars. Hope you all enjoy the video!

https://youtu.be/eetFkl1u3mk?si=vW8TvGFy_ViVL13r
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

JH27N0B

Great video.  I'm the one who posted a reply a few days ago about having my T/As Grand Spaulding envelope.
It seems like the information in the folders varied.  I'm guessing the reason the one for a roadrunner you reviewed in the video had a window sticker, was that Plymouth changed the MSRP or cost of a few options shortly after that car was shipped, and they then sent out an updated sticker. The dealer then kept the original one in the folder.
Mine had a set of keys for my car in it.  Probably the car was financed so they kept a set in case the car later was to be repossessed? Or would there be a different reason?
My car was delivered in May of 1970 but not sold until the following February.  The buyer traded in an H code Challenger, he must have decided he liked all the bells and whistles the T/A had after it was introduced months after he bought his A66, and was able to upgrade at a reasonable cost on leftover inventory after the '71s came out.
His address was in the town just west of me and only about 3 miles away from my house, so the car is still in the same 'hood 50+ years after it was sold new.
It's cool some of these folders still exist, but sad most got trashed ages ago.

Brads70

Pretty cool stuff! Treasure for someone! My car came from Stockton/Lodi California
I wonder if you have anything on my car? Mine is just a /6 car but was built for CA
Do you have them filed/sorted my vin?

rocketresto

@JH27N0B Super cool you got the Mr Norm's ppw, so glad all that stuff got saved.  They were required to save the round key thing so they could make more keys (can't remember what they called it) so maybe that?  Or could be repossession, not sure.

@Brads70 Send me the VIN, definitely from that area.  Yes have a spreadsheet of all the VIN's.

Here are all the 1970 Barracuda's, have posted this a few different places.

BH23G0E100357
BP23G0E100359
BH23G0E105805
BH23C0E106905
BH23G0E109447
BS23H0E118764
BP23G0E131117
BS23N0E132806
BH23G0E142401
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

cuda hunter

Do you have more info posted somewhere about the BH vin's?
I see on fakebook that dealer invoices are posted once in a while and they include options on the cars.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

rocketresto

If you watch the video I have most of the same paperwork for all those BH cars.  ADSN's, convoy receipts, sales paperwork. 
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington