Main Menu

Mecum Harrisburg

Started by Rdchallenger, July 30, 2019, 03:58:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rdchallenger

Will be heading there on Thurs, Fri, and Saturday. Anyone else going? Pretty excited to see what Petty's cars go for.

Cuda Cody

Post some photos!!!   :please:   :popcorn:

Rich G.

JS29

Rdchallenger

Day 1:

GoodysGotaCuda

Nice! I've never been to an auction, I think we are going to head to Mecum Dallas in a couple of weeks just to spectate. Any pointers?
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

I have been to Mecum Houston two or three times.
I do one day, lot of walking to try to see every car and bike.
Nice to go down front and watch some of the auction up close once in awhile.
I mainly go to see all the different cars and bikes , the auction is secondary for me.

Rdchallenger

More:

I used to have a maybe 3''x3'' Petty Blue piece of one of his race cars.
Basically quit watching nascar when King Richard retired.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/classic-cars/videos/a25813/watch-richard-pettys-superbird-thunder-down-a-rural-road/

Rdchallenger

Day 2

Brads70

:bravo:  Although my lottery win appears to be late in coming?  :drooling:

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on August 01, 2019, 07:13:16 PM
Nice! I've never been to an auction, I think we are going to head to Mecum Dallas in a couple of weeks just to spectate. Any pointers?

If you are bidding, look at the first day for the best deals on the no reserve cars. Particularly in the first couple hours when everyone is out looking at cars. I saw some smoking deals go down for chump change. The catch is you have to be okay with impulse buys because you don't have tons of time to examine the car beforehand and think on it. I saw several cars I wasn't looking for that I still considered bidding on because they were really nice and the price was incredible. If you are only interested in bidding on very specific cars then this probably won't work out for you.

303 Mopar

Some of the big hitters....

Cudagirl3406

A few pics  :takepicture: from Mecum Harrisburg, PA today. Enjoyed talking with Herb McCandless and had to get a pic too with him and Dave Christie.  :twothumbsup:

Brads70

I was kind of shocked at the prices some pretty famous race cars went for! Thought it would be much more?