Main Menu

Mecum Harrisburg

Started by Roadman, August 04, 2017, 09:46:33 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Sounds like a lot of the auctions, you really need to be there and see it in person to know the condition.   Thanks for the update.

jck

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 04, 2017, 09:53:19 AM
Looking at the engine bay, I think $60k is about right.   :alan2cents:  It would take a lot of time and money to take that car to a higher level.
I sold this car a few months back to a flipper. I would like to know what is wrong with the engine bay. It has a problem but you can't see in the photos. The underneath has no rust what so ever. The floor plans are nice as you can find. The trunk pan had been replace before I bought it. Had the car for 6 years i believe. Traded it for the Tor red 6 barrel. Took 3rd at Carlisle.
Goatman

jck

Her's my new one. A big step up, just can't drive it like the AAR. I drove it a lot.
Goatman

jck

Computer stupid. Have no idea why that picture loaded upside down, Sorry!
Goatman

anlauto

Quote from: jck on August 07, 2017, 02:13:59 PM
I sold this car a few months back to a flipper. I would like to know what is wrong with the engine bay.
WRONG:
Air Filter
Battery
By pass hose not painted
wiper motor painted gold
no part numbers on the heater hoses
non painted alternator pulley

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

I flipped it for ya.    :bigthumb:

Quote from: jck on August 07, 2017, 02:19:05 PM
Computer stupid. Have no idea why that picture loaded upside down, Sorry!

Cuda Cody

The little details is what separates the big dollar cars from those that seem to be on the affordable side.  It looks like a nice fun car and I would be happy if I owned it.

Somethings that Alan mentioned would need to be addressed to get top dollar.  I would also:

- Paint the Oil Dip Stick Black
- Correct the bolts that hold the fenders on (add the correct studs in the right spots)
- The Heater Blower motor should be silver zinc coated and not painted black
- Pulley on the alternator should be black

The thermostat water housing has been removed so I would be asking myself why it has been apart.  Did the car have an over heating problem?  When you can see the bolts have been removed and the gaskets is free of paint it tells me someone has been in there to fix something.  Maybe it's nothing big and just needed a thermostat replaced, but I look for little signs like that.

What was the problem that can not be seen in the photos?

Quote from: jck on August 07, 2017, 02:13:59 PM
I sold this car a few months back to a flipper. I would like to know what is wrong with the engine bay. It has a problem but you can't see in the photos. The underneath has no rust what so ever. The floor plans are nice as you can find. The trunk pan had been replace before I bought it. Had the car for 6 years i believe. Traded it for the Tor red 6 barrel. Took 3rd at Carlisle.

jck

Fan motor on AAR was black. Wiper was not painted when I had the car. Not sure what they did after I sold it.
Goatman

jck

Nothing at all wrong with the motor. Ran as smooth as silk and had about 5k miles on it. Thermostat house was painted and fine when it left here.
Goatman

jck

Passenger fender was replace by a Cheby guy who painted and straighten my hood after I told him not to straighten it. This was done last year. Really pissed me of, made me not like my car. Still pissed, never take a mopar to a Cheby man!
Goatman

anlauto

Quote from: jck on August 07, 2017, 04:56:23 PM
Fan motor on AAR was black. Wiper was not painted when I had the car. Not sure what they did after I sold it.

Fan motor is not supposed to be black on an AAR or any other 70 E Body for that matter :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

That T/A seems like it was bought well.  Looked pretty nice for the money.  Hope all the new owners of the cars enjoy their new toys.   :wave: 

Quote from: TX9AAR on August 07, 2017, 05:42:39 PM
I logged into Mecum and it said the F8 T/A sold for $48250

Rich G.

I was there and checked out that AAR. I hate picking apart cars but in person it had many issues. The paint was good but it had a few cracks in the door jams. The tape lines were not clean on the fenders and the side of the hood looked cracked. Not much detail work done on it. Nice driver though. You would have to do a lot to make this real nice. There is a pink AAR here in NJ in Warren at one of those detail/ storage building and it is all patched up and under coated and their asking $89K  That T/A I thought was real nice and I think the buyer got a good deal

RzeroB

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 05, 2017, 05:00:08 PM
That was a super cool Hemi Challenger.

I think that might have been the former Anatol Vasiliev car 375721. Numbers matching with Shaker, Aero Pkg, louvers and power steering added.
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

6bblgt

Quote from: RzeroB on August 07, 2017, 08:49:41 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 05, 2017, 05:00:08 PM
That was a super cool Hemi Challenger.

I think that might have been the former Anatol Vasiliev car 375721. Numbers matching with Shaker, Aero Pkg, louvers and power steering added.

it is 1B375721