Main Menu

Mopar 340 6 pak intake heat crossover plate shield - added picture

Started by Bossgold, March 23, 2019, 05:45:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Bossgold

I have two Mopar 340 intakes for the 6 Pak 3418681. One plate/shield has drivets and the other has bolts. I am assuming the bolts are after market tapped into the intake or did some come with 2 bolts to hold the plate?

The driveted plate is in bad shape.....short of cutting a square piece of steel anyone out there make nice repops or are the heat plates the same for all mopar intakes(so I can swap)?

thanks

Floyd

Can't speak for all, but this 72 340 intake has a different size plate (340-6 on the right).  I think you are right about the tapped bolts being aftermarket/modifications to original.  I am not aware of repros, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone made them.

6Pack70

I found one of those intake rivets wedged very tight between the main cap and oil pump on my T/A engine.  How it made it there, I have no clue.  Scary stuff. 

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 6Pack70 on March 24, 2019, 11:33:25 AM
I found one of those intake rivets wedged very tight between the main cap and oil pump on my T/A engine.  How it made it there, I have no clue.  Scary stuff.

Better there than so many places....

Bossgold

yes that is my biggest fear....thats why I kinda liked the bolts over the drivets. According to my engine builder he cleans out the plate and then uses a special adhesive when putting the drivet back in place.

RUNCHARGER

That's something I always worried about with Hemis and small blocks.
Sheldon