Main Menu

My Cuda rolling under own power

Started by ledphoot, March 28, 2021, 01:12:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ledphoot

Thanks guys! Several of you have been a tremendous help, your assistance on my 5-speed install, the brakes, the rear end rebuild, locating some hard to find parts, etc was priceless.. Without all of that this car would have been a lot harder to put together. Not to mention my buddy Craig who lit the fire under my ass to put this car back on the road, he has been helping me for over a year, he installed the motor and re-wired the whole car so that I won't have any electrical gremlins like I remember having back in the 80's :)

Next up, get the dash in the car, finish up some of the wiring, finish the dynamat, install the carpet, seats, interior panels.. Replace some glass.. Get the suspension dialed in and put on the exhaust.

I hit the gas a little bit coming out of the shop and she really wants to go, I can't wait to put this car on the street and see what she really has. Wooo hoooo :)

1 Wild R/T

Looking forward to seeing it.... We're getting ready for some cruises soon.... Get Ready!!!

ledphoot

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on March 28, 2021, 07:19:22 PM
Looking forward to seeing it.... We're getting ready for some cruises soon.... Get Ready!!!

I am trying man... I will drag my butt out to the shop for an hour or two a night and chip away at things until she is drivable. I am dying to hit the pavement and head down the road in this car. I cannot state the feeling I had firing this car up in polite company ;)

Topcat

JS29

Oh What a feeling that must have been!!!   :congrats:   :bravo:

ledphoot

Quote from: JS29 on March 29, 2021, 06:55:34 AM
Oh What a feeling that must have been!!!   :congrats:   :bravo:

The tags on the car are JULY 1990... My brother purchased the car in 1981, he was the second owner... I traded him my '73 Challenger for it two years ago, we got the Challenger going in a couple of months and now the Cuda is finally getting close to on the road again.

In the last 31 years I cannot tell you how many people tried to buy this car..

I have to admit it was a little emotional firing up each of those cars, I know they're just machines but I have so many memories of good times in these cars that it really did get to me.

CNUMB

Congratulations!!! Looks and sounds Great!!

jimynick

"I have so many memories of good times in these cars that it really did get to me." and THAT's why you're doing it, and doing it well by all appearances! Think of all the memories you're GOING to make! Sweet ride bro, sweet ride.  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

ledphoot

Quote from: jimynick on March 29, 2021, 06:34:25 PM
"I have so many memories of good times in these cars that it really did get to me." and THAT's why you're doing it, and doing it well by all appearances! Think of all the memories you're GOING to make! Sweet ride bro, sweet ride.  :bigthumb:

Thanks man. The car looks better on camera, the paint is 20 years old and no longer perfect :) but she is in very nice driver condition which is precisely what I am building this car for. I am really looking forward to some new memories that's for sure :)

I can already smell the burning rubber.

:stayinlane: