Main Menu

Need help identifying part

Started by hiddenhavenfarm, August 12, 2019, 01:39:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

hiddenhavenfarm

My husband and I are restoring a 72 Cuda barn find that someone had started disassembling.  We're getting there but not sure if this weatherstripping is actually part of the car.  It's around 63" long.  Any ideas?

Rich G.

Hard to tell from that picture but my guess would be the roof rail weather strip .

76orangewagon

Does it have two half round cut outs near the outside edges ? I was thinking hood to radiator support seal

hiddenhavenfarm

Thanks but it's too wide to be the roof rail weatherstripping and we already have the hood to radiator seal installed

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the forum @hiddenhavenfarm   Can you post another photos showing more of the seal.  Maybe the length and shape might help us help you.   :banana:

anlauto

That's not an E Body part in my opinion  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

it looks like the rubber filler between a bumper & body  :dunno: is there a little "kink" in the middle?

is there something similar on the front or rear of a '72-'74 Barracuda ??

Brads70

What about the seal around the T/A/AAR air cleaner base? to seal up to the hood?  :notsure:

hiddenhavenfarm

Here are some more pictures. One end is smashed but that might have happened after it was removed. The guy started taking the car apart in 93. The width is 2 1/2" by 63"

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama  :wave:

Cuda Cody

Any clips or holes in it?  It does not look e-body to me.

hiddenhavenfarm

No hole or clip marks. I've been researching but have found nothing like it anywhere. Just wanted to make sure

Claudia

Another vote for a non e-body part.  :alan2cents:

mrwfp

That looks exactly like the piece of weather stripping that was sent to me when I bought a shaker seal from a supposedly "Mopar vendor".  It was that exact size and shape and came with a note to cut it to size and then glue the ends together. 
1970 Plymouth 'Cuda 426 hemi (InViolet)
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat (Go Mango)
1995 Dodge Caravan
2019 Dodge Durango

6bblgt

a SHAKER seal is round at the top & the mouth of the mounting is at 90 degrees to the seal