Main Menu

New video with Wade Ogle and his 1970 hemi Challenger convertible

Started by 72hemi, January 15, 2021, 03:12:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

mccannix

I dont know if Wade was fortunate enough to have ever talked to Walt Downer about when he purchased the car from Peter Wenham but it is all a very good story in itself....especially what went with the car.
By the way the parts Peter had been looking for for the car was a 1970 jack assembly and a passenger side mirror.

RUNCHARGER

Terrific cars and videos. Little things put stuff into perspective. I balk at buying a car worth 1/5 the value of my house and Wade was considering one the same value as his house. I think that shows the dedication involved in amassing his collection. Surprizingly, I didn't realize how rare the Challenger Hemi convt's are compared to the dual year Hemi Cuda convt's.
Sheldon

Cudino

Quote from: mccannix on January 16, 2021, 04:52:55 PM
I dont know if Wade was fortunate enough to have ever talked to Walt Downer about when he purchased the car from Peter Wenham but it is all a very good story in itself....especially what went with the car.
By the way the parts Peter had been looking for for the car was a 1970 jack assembly and a passenger side mirror.
Thanks for the info Terry!  I feel bad, I should have mentioned you specifically by name, since you played the critical role as the parts fellow I was referring to, who first turned Walt onto this car.  Yes, I have had the good fortune of speaking with both Walt and Randall Gay.  I think I spoke with Walt about 15 years ago, about both this car and about his old EV2 '71 Hemicuda that I also own.  But even by that point Walt was so into raising horses that he had almost zero interest in these old cars anymore.  Still, Walt told me about the snowstorm, and the anxious night in the hotel room the night before, just hoping Peter wouldn't change his mind.  As for what went with the car, I'm not entirely sure I know that part, but I'm definitely curious.  Do share, or PM me if you prefer.

- Wade

mccannix

Wade...I didn't know you had Walts 71 hardtop as well.
That car is also a beautiful car.
I just recall Walt sharing that either Peter or the previous owner, I believe it was Peter, had wanted some new sheetmetal pieces for the car and at the dealership, the the parts book was opened to the body in white section.
Many items big and small from that page were ordered even though the car didn't need them, and they went with the car.
Also after the car was in the trailer, Peter opened a shed door that contained an extra Hemi engine and two danas, and those went as well.

Yes... I cant believe Walt lost interest and went from gas guzzlers to hay burners.

Cudino

Awesome info Terry.  I don't remember hearing all that additional info before, great stuff, thanks! 

- Wade