Main Menu

New windshield source

Started by scf100, April 22, 2018, 07:36:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

scf100

When I bought my 73 Cuda it had a  rock chip in the windshield so looking to replace it.

Who sells the best tinted glass prefer Mopar logo glass...

Don't want wavy glass ......

Thanks in advance
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

Cuda Cody

Contact @MoparDave  He sells the Mopar Logo glass.  I've used a few sets and the ones they are making now are pretty dang good.

MoparDave

Please Email me at daver@manciniracing.com or call 586-790-4100

Burdar

I got mine from MoparDave.  Great to deal with.  Make sure you open the box and inspect the glass BEFORE you sign for the package. My first windshield was shattered.  I refused the shipment.  One call to Dave and he had a new one on the way.  :bradsthumb:

anlauto

I've used quite a bit of AMD windshields.....really nice...heavy.....The pentastar is not 100% accurate, but looks good.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Well, not necessarily looking for Mopar logo glass but I got one from Napa. That was back several years (maybe 2007)  Was about $130 then. Made by Pilkington.

RUNCHARGER

Alan: So the AMD are thicker than the current other replacements and not wavy?
Sheldon

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 23, 2018, 05:56:46 PM
Alan: So the AMD are thicker than the current other replacements and not wavy?

I've owned a ACC [Auto City Classics?] glass recently as well as an AMD. Neither was wavy, but the AMD was much thicker, 50%...

I wish I had bought all AMD glass, but didn't know better at the time.

AMD is the first image.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

RUNCHARGER

Thanks, thin glass means thicker window seal to make the trim fit correctly.
Sheldon

anlauto

Windshield is thicker then others I've used for sure, side glass I would say is the same as original side glass, neither is wavy in my opinion. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

750-h2

Allan, do you get your AMD windshields out of the States, or is there somewhere in Ontario that stocks them? I am concerned about ordering one from the States and having it shipped to a US shipping depot as all sellers require that the windshield be checked for shipping damage prior to accepting it from the shipper. If you do not check it at the time of delivery and it turns out it is smashed [which happens quite often] you cannot get a refund.

Burdar

MoparDave sells AMD windshields.(or he did when I purchased mine)

anlauto

Quote from: 750-h2 on April 24, 2018, 05:35:30 AM
Allan, do you get your AMD windshields out of the States, or is there somewhere in Ontario that stocks them? I am concerned about ordering one from the States and having it shipped to a US shipping depot as all sellers require that the windshield be checked for shipping damage prior to accepting it from the shipper. If you do not check it at the time of delivery and it turns out it is smashed [which happens quite often] you cannot get a refund.

I buy all my AMD stuff from Nigel Mills at National Moparts in Beaverton Ontario. He may have one "in stock" but usually just orders AMD stuff about twice a month after people place an order..
I have quite a few here if you're looking for a tinted one, and you want to drive down to Georgetown, I'll sell you one....taxes in $395.00 CDN

750-h2

Thanks Al. I will definitely keep that in mind.