Main Menu

OK that was a good one - My parts are still on the shelf

Started by Bossgold, July 05, 2019, 08:55:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Bossgold

Wow, in LA, lived through 94 Northridge and 74 andres.....that was a good one. Since yesterday 6.4 july 4th  7.1 today and one just now - wow. Crap. My parts are good. I have the shelfs chained to the walls.  MOPAR BABY! Its weird I dont know if a tornado or an earthquake is worse.

1 Wild R/T

Not even close, Tornados in the US since 1960 have killed twenty times as many people in the US than earthquakes....

Wait till you experience a really big quake....

nsmall

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: nsmall on July 05, 2019, 11:10:29 PM
Hide out in the door ways right?

That use to be the suggested spot... But they've found door frames collapse too... They say get low & try to get under a heavy desk or table... End of the day your lucky, or your not....  In 64 my brother, sisters & I was under a big heavy table & still we were lucky cause a table won't stop Mother Nature if your unlucky...

FWIW I slept under that table for a couple weeks till the worst of the aftershocks died down...

Bossgold

sad to say but by the time you usually make it to the doorway its over....although this was one of the longest ones I've been in

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Bossgold on July 06, 2019, 06:28:06 AM
sad to say but by the time you usually make it to the doorway its over....although this was one of the longest ones I've been in

That really depends... The 64 quake lasted over four minutes....Trust me, you don't want them to last longer... Cause longer is also higher intensity...