Main Menu

One of a kind

Started by cudaized, May 18, 2023, 04:47:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cudaized

Do you recognize this famous hemicuda convertible?
Photo shoot on 01-01-16 Canon EOS D7 Mark II

If you are planning to copy/save and republish these images somewhere else, contact me and ask.
I have ownership of these images used for my published book.
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

Mr Cuda

I'd like to see some of the data from your convertible registry that shows how many are 1 of a kind.
I get that (looks red) orange, white  billboards, orange seats is unique.   I'm sure other combos are also unusual,  especially compared to the bulk of production.
I think that car was used in  a Mac tools poster from the 90's.

anlauto

Beautiful pictures Ola, but it's very naive to think that once you've shared them on the "internet" that people wouldn't copy and paste them, where ever and whenever they please.

It's the same lesson we taught our young children....NEVER POST pictures on the internet, anywhere that you don't want shared with the WORLD !!! :foul:

Is that the Blakes car that was originally sold in Canada ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda_mark

That is a really nice color combo. I'm starting to regret not opting for a wing on my convertible. I think they look good with the wing.

Mr Cuda

@Cuda_mark. You can always add. Removing is the problem.
I got warned about adding all the options on mine.

JH27N0B

Quote from: Mr Cuda on May 18, 2023, 07:19:02 AM
I'd like to see some of the data from your convertible registry that shows how many are 1 of a kind.
I get that (looks red) orange, white  billboards, orange seats is unique.   I'm sure other combos are also unusual,  especially compared to the bulk of production.
I think that car was used in  a Mac tools poster from the 90's.
I'd be more interested in seeing data on if any convertibles weren't one of a kind!
With a few exceptions like T/A and AARs, there were so many options available that it is very rare to find 2 E bodies that aren't one of one!
I was at a gathering last week where pizza was delivered. I noticed the box had advertising art for the pizzaria that had a line saying how many different pizza combinations they had available.
I should have took a picture as I don't recall the number, but it was really high, something like "papa Luigi's pizza, over 242,986 combinations available!"
Got me thinking for Challengers and Cudas how many different configurations were available?
The number must have been staggering, tens of millions of different possible combinations I bet.
Someone mathematically inclined with a lot of time on their hands should figure out the number someday!

Mr Cuda

The A66 registry had a small  but meaningful update on the  number of rallye dash cars. It got me thinking about the convertible registry,  and the lack of information about any cars.
  Another forum had a thread about the number of 71  hemicuda converts growing past the time honored number of 7 us cars, but how about general (real cars) production specs.
It would be interesting just to see a total of cars, percent wise of each option level,  that are accounted for,  vs total made.
Of course we would all like more specific breakdowns.  Color, engine,  etc.
Or am I  just missing the link to something?