Main Menu

Opinions? Swap in a 440 4spd???

Started by erik70rt, January 23, 2018, 06:30:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Maybe I should consider selling it and get a 440 4spd 'vert.  We all know how I'm looking to get another Challenger convertible!
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Chryco Psycho

That is your call , swapping a drivetrain is no big deal other than the floor hump for the 4 spd .
Selling & replacing the car is a whole different thing ,, you know what you have but you have to be very careful buying , lots can be hidden

303 Mopar

Quote from: erik70rt on January 25, 2018, 11:04:56 AM
Maybe I should consider selling it and get a 440 4spd 'vert.  We all know how I'm looking to get another Challenger convertible!

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 25, 2018, 01:36:05 PM
That is your call , swapping a drivetrain is no big deal other than the floor hump for the 4 spd .
Selling & replacing the car is a whole different thing ,, you know what you have you have to be very careful buying , lots can be hidden

Fly CP in on a Friday and you will be done on Sunday.  Cheaper and easier than buying/selling your ride, and its been done before!   :banana:

erik70rt

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 25, 2018, 01:36:05 PM
Selling & replacing the car is a whole different thing ,, you know what you have but you have to be very careful buying , lots can be hidden

I hear you.  I did find a convertible with a 440 4spd swap, so I contacted the owner about going to look at it.  Have not heard back yet.  I am in no rush to sell my R/T SE.  I do have my Barracuda listed, but no serious offers on it yet. I didn't list it here since it's an A-body.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Todd489

Why not keep the 383 and stroke it, I did that to mine, o went with the 383-496 kit, and I'm also swapping over to a 4  speed as I'm writing this!    My car is also a non matching 383 car.