Main Menu

OPINIONS WANTED: New 2023 Challenger

Started by 70_440-6Cuda, October 13, 2023, 11:37:13 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Burdar

Here's what my friend just bought in August.  23 Scat Pack 6-speed.  I wasn't sold on the wide bodies when they came out but they've grown on me.  I don't think I'd want to own a non-wide body now that I've seen this one.  I rarely ever see a wide body around these parts.  Going to a Mopar show makes you think that they are everywhere but in reality I think the wide body is a somewhat rare option.

I'm pretty sure this one is going to get lowered a little.  There is way too much space above the tires for his liking.

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: 70_440-6Cuda on October 18, 2023, 08:29:34 AM
First thanks to all for posting pics - have to say B5 Blue looks damn good! 

I did not have much success however as the 2 dealerships I went to want up to $25K in dealer markup for nothing other than greed, and I cannot bring myself to pony up a "highway robbery" fee regardless of whether I can or not.

The search continues, been contacting some dealers that are a bit further away from SoCal to see if that makes any difference...
B5 blue seems to be one of those colors that looks good in any lighting situation. B5 doesn't really show the dirt either.
I can understand your pain about the dealer markups. They know this is the last model year, so they are taking advantage of that with the higher end trims. A case in point, my local dealer got one of the 330 Black Ghost additions. They started with 100K over sticker price, but lowered it to 65K over because nobody bit. 

https://www.tatedodgechryslerjeep.net/new/Dodge/2023-Dodge-Challenger-c3ad216b0a0e0a9410ae358d27b95aa4.htm

Brads70

I've been looking ( dreaming really...) using the online build feature.
I'm so surprised at myself but I REALLY like the F8 with a black hood demon widebody with the tan interior, brass monkey wheels and orange brembo's . My only issue is ( other than money) is it is not available in the 6 speed manual.
I never thought I would as when I was looking for my first e-body in the late 80's it seemed as though everyone was either F8 or B5 blue and I was so sick of those two colours. I do like the go mango, sublime, and sinamon stick , hard choice to make, wish I had that problem!  :yes:

captcolour

Quote from: 70_440-6Cuda on October 18, 2023, 08:29:34 AM
First thanks to all for posting pics - have to say B5 Blue looks damn good! 

I did not have much success however as the 2 dealerships I went to want up to $25K in dealer markup for nothing other than greed, and I cannot bring myself to pony up a "highway robbery" fee regardless of whether I can or not.

The search continues, been contacting some dealers that are a bit further away from SoCal to see if that makes any difference...

How is the used market out there?  Several years ago my buddy got a plum crazy T/A at a GM dealer. Only had 1,700 miles on it.

70_440-6Cuda

@Brads70 there is an F8 challenger in my area I see every so often and it looks amazing - that was my initial thought because I had a '69 Formula S barracuda and a '69 Charger 440-6 in high school that were both dark metallic green.

At this point, I think I will be less picky about color and options, just looking for a wide body Redeye in the handful of colors mentioned in this thread.  I haven't checked the used car market, but a good thought.  Going to do some more hunting this weekend
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

anlauto

Sorry Brad, I'm not diggin the black hood on your car, but then again, it's not my dream... :rofl: :rofl:
Black hood just looks outta place  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RusTy/SE

@70_440-6Cuda Four weeks ago, my local dealer had this Sublime T/A on the lot - apologies for the out-of-focus Window Sticker.
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

RusTy/SE

@70_4406-Cuda @Brads70 Regarding F8 Green, according to the Sales Manager, this came up from Pensacola, Florida having originally been ordered by a Retired Military individual. R/T Wide Body Scat Pack with the 392 and short throw Barton stick - though not new, there were only 9220 miles on this 2020 model they were asking 48K for.

JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

70_440-6Cuda

Thanks everyone!!  I am really sort of set on a Redeye if I can get it - got a line on a couple in Nor Cal so fingers crossed.....

After seeing some of the posts here, and getting a look at quite a few at Fall Fling, color is a little less important on the list - just trying to avoid white, grey or black - seems like they are all that color for what is left in stock.

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: 70_440-6Cuda on October 23, 2023, 02:08:31 PM
just trying to avoid white, grey or black - seems like they are all that color for what is left in stock.

When dealerships order cars for their lot, they order what they think most people want. Both with color, and to a lesser extent, options. So with at least half the vehicles out there on the road being white, black, or some shade of grey, that explains what you are seeing.

Good luck with your search. I'm pulling for you here.   :bigthumb:

70_440-6Cuda

seems like the only color you can get on any car these days is black, white or silver / grey!  Getting closer, my sister in Nor Cal is going to the dealer in a couple days to verify what they have in stock - so far no mark ups

usraptor

Any updates on your search?  Just found this thread today so I may be late to the party.  Anyway, two years ago I found a 2019 SRT with less than 5K miles from a PP.  While my '70 'Cuda is a 4-speed and I normally prefer rowing the gears, I've got to admit I really like the auto in my '19 with the paddle shifters. Lighting fast shifts. I also originally never gave the wide bodies much thought, but this one came with the WB kit, and now that I've got it, I'd never have another without it.  Love the wider tires and more aggresive rims.  Originally, I also wanted the Shaker hood to go with my '70 'Cuda but after seeing a few in person, they just didn't do it for me on the modern Challenger. Much prefer the agressive looking sport hood, (is what I guess they call it), with the scoop and two vents.  Also, really like how the Octane red really pops!  With all the power this 392 has, I can't imagine a need for a Hellcat.   :alan2cents:

blown motor

I'm also considering trading my 15 for a newer Challenger but I would go for a slightly used one if I could find the right one. An SXT is all I'm after. It has lots of power for daily driving with a lower purchase price and better gas mileage. I think going forward that good used ones will become harder to find because I think the people that have them will keep them with not be able to get a newer one.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

dodj

Hey Murray, There is a B5 blue T/A on the lot here in town. It looks fantastic!
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

71vert340

In 2015, I had to go with the B5 color.
Terry W.