Main Menu

Opinions WANTED

Started by anlauto, November 07, 2022, 12:11:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I have an opinion on this stripe, but I would love to hear yours....

This is on a 1970 Cuda with a Hellcrate ...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

20 views and no opinions....come on, lets hear it.... :bigthumb: or :thumbdown:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cudajason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Brads70

:iagree:  I don't hate it but I'd rather have the numbers  or stock Hemi.....  :alan2cents:

anlauto

I have NO Affiliation with this car, I just walked into a buddy's shop and saw it there...the owner is super excited.....me not so much...

Cudajason

Quote from: anlauto on November 07, 2022, 12:43:59 PM
I have NO Affiliation with this car, I just walked into a buddy's shop and saw it there...the owner is super excited.....me not so much...

the owner should be excited if that is what he wants.  Hellcrate in a cuda, that's cool.  Just because a few folks don't love the strip should not take away from the owner's enjoyment of the car.  Hell have you SEEN my cuda!!!

Jason 
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

I started this thread to see if I was the only one not really diggin the vibe....not to "bash" the guy's car...if he thinks it's cool...like you said, that's all that matters.. :twothumbsup:

340Challman

Billboards aren't correct on a '70 and I've always been more partial to the hockey sticks anyway. Billboards always made the rear of the Cuda look far too chunky and out of proportion with the front half to me. Personal preference though.
Kevin

cudamadd

Why not it's a ebody after all something different. If that's he's thing he'll cat loud and clear  :cheers:

Brads70

Quote from: Cudajason on November 07, 2022, 12:46:53 PM
Quote from: anlauto on November 07, 2022, 12:43:59 PM

the owner should be excited if that is what he wants.  Hellcrate in a cuda, that's cool.  Just because a few folks don't love the strip should not take away from the owner's enjoyment of the car.  Hell have you SEEN my cuda!!!

Jason

HAHA well said, or mine with the snow plow and the fat fenders....

blown motor

I'm not sure I would do it but I don't dislike it.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

70_440-6Cuda

I also don't love it, but don't necessarily hate it.  I am not a late model engine conversion guy, but appreciate the craftsmanship so I say as long as the owner loves it that is what counts
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

57Fury440

I don't like billboards and like the hockey sticks. That being said I would use the engine size on it. The owner must have quite a bit of cash in it for the engine swap and wants to make sure everyone is aware of it. As long as the owner likes it then it's all good.

torredcuda

No thanks - a `70 shouldn`t have any Billboard, and it`s a Barracuda (fish) not a cat.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

dodj

First of all, I'm not a fan of billboards...but..... IMO that's the best billboard I've ever seen.  :bigthumb:
As for not belonging n a '70? it's not a restoration...it's a mod...put whatever stripe on there you like. My '73 has '70 T/A stripes..I like that stripe so it's on there.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill