Main Menu

Original louver car? M46

Started by cuda hunter, August 03, 2022, 06:48:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1264958710216295/?hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen&multi_permalinks=5859218864123567

This car has inserts and studs where louvers were once on the car. 
Can anyone identify these parts as being not original to the car?

BH23G0E105253
Drivers door, BS23J0B295868
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

I can clearly see the rear window stainless trim.
I've also seen other factory louver cars that had the stainless trim instead of the textured trim.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

While yal are lookin, Has anyone ever seen a flat hood with factory hood pins? 

ragtopdodge

cuda hunter

It is pretty funny.
A 71 wing, backwards, on a 70, barracuda at that.

198D13

Have you managed to get a picture of the fender tag for this car? Hood pins on a flat hood were available on cars. I have a 1971 flat hood with all 10 holes punched into it from the factory. I'm just not sure if they were available from the start of 1970 production, on base model cars. The louver pins mounted below the back window look to be originals, you should request close up pictures of them.  Also ask if the louver is still in the owners possession.

cuda hunter

unfortunately, this car came up for sale on C.L. about 2 years ago.  I asked for fender tag readout but ,  there is no fender tag.  And I doesn't appear to be a build sheet.

It is up for sale again.  I would have purchased this car had it just had its fender tag.
If someone up in the washington area wants to go take a look I would love to find out there is a build sheet.  That would make the car worth the purchase.    anyone out that way??

cuda hunter

I'm asking as the hood pins and the louver pins appear to be in the correct locations.