Main Menu

taillight panel

Started by dmastr3665, May 06, 2020, 08:13:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dmastr3665

the quoted price was 400.00 It was just a flat rate I have no idea how many hours, he kept to that price even they found the rust  he told me it was more important to have satisfied customers than nickle and dime ing  someone over work,  So I gave him a 50.00 tip the shop is here in Prescott Az its called Holeman hot rods they are super busy even with this covid stuff shutting down things.  this is their website if anyone wants to look,  https://hollemanhotrods.com/  I am probably going to have them do the rest of the work except the paint, he said they do everything but paint, when i first went in there they were setting up gears in a rear end, I looked all over for someone to set up gears in another car i had a few years ago and had to go all the way to phoenix to find someone, I think this is a pretty new shop in the area because 2 years ago I couldn't find anywhere around here that worked on hot rods. he even drove out to my house to look at the car before doing the work, a very rare find. someone gave me the name of a guy who does body work out of his garage near me so he has no real overhead, I figured id give him a call and he quoted me 2000.00 to do the tailing panel.

anlauto

$400 is a sweet deal....It's nice when you find a good deal for a change :worship: ...and the guy did a good move giving you a good deal off the bat, because he knows you'll go back there  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

I wouldn't do a job like that for $400. That is a very nice deal indeed. $2000 seems awfully steep though.

JS29

Did they spot weld it of did they use a MIG? That is a vary good price.  :yes:

dmastr3665

:slapme5:i belive spot weld there were little round holes all along the bottom as they started but everything there is smothed out now so not 100 % sure but think spot welded

JS29

Quote from: dmastr3665 on May 16, 2020, 01:19:21 PM
:slapme5:i belive spot weld there were little round holes all along the bottom as they started but everything there is smothed out now so not 100 % sure but think spot welded
:perfect10:  :yes: