Main Menu

Lift Collapse - 71 Hemi Cuda

Started by Floyd, July 15, 2019, 04:37:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Floyd

Anyone know anything about this unfortunate incident?  No details about who and when on the other board.  I wonder if it's recent?

https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426085&showall=1

WCC

Cannot access the page without a login - can you copy and paste it?

Floyd

Mymcodebee

That's why mine are bolted down even though the moveable ones say it is not necessary...  Hopefully no one was injured!!

JS29

Moprr

Wow looks to be the same type of lift I have.  I also bolted it down even thought they say no need. 

RUNCHARGER

Dang: Not good, I wonder if it's a member, he has one of Robyn's posters.
Sheldon

Rich G.

I wonder what broke on the lift. Mine has double safety's on it. Some of those cheap lifts look pretty scary.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Rich G. on July 15, 2019, 08:26:24 AM
I wonder what broke on the lift. Mine has double safety's on it. Some of those cheap lifts look pretty scary.

I'm wondering if it might have been somewhere within say 100 miles of Ridgecrest... That kind of shaking would impart a strong side load... When not bolted down those lifts can take a vertical load Okay but side loading isn't good...

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

WCC

nsmall

Sorry about the lift/Cuda, but dang, one of the best looking collections a man or woman could ask for in that there garage. :perfect10:

JS29

Quote from: nsmall on July 15, 2019, 12:54:26 PM
Sorry about the lift/Cuda, but dang, one of the best looking collections a man or woman could ask for in that there garage. :perfect10:
:iagree: That was my thoughts, that and good thing there wasn't another car under that one!  :alan2cents: