Main Menu

Pulled the trigger and now an owner of a 71 Challenger.. looks very nice beside my 18RT.

Started by CNUMB, September 30, 2020, 04:22:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CNUMB

It is fun to be back behind of a 70s Challenger...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

71vert340

Looks good. About the same yellow as my son's 71 except he opted for no black stripes and hood blackout.
Terry

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

Congrats , great looking pair .
I might suggest you remove the inverted V bracket on the rear valence so you plate sit on the valance properly  :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Cuda Cody

CNUMB

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on September 30, 2020, 07:30:48 PM
Looks good. Note how much lower it is than the new one.

Almost 6 inches!! The 71 overall is not much shorter or wider, the wheel base is about 8 inches shorter..

CNUMB

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on September 30, 2020, 06:44:22 PM
Congrats , great looking pair .
I might suggest you remove the inverted V bracket on the rear valence so you plate sit on the valance properly  :alan2cents:

I will look at that this weekend...Thanks!!

dodj

Nice looking cars cnumb,  :bigthumb:

and fj6ta  :bigthumb:

When you park the old and the new side by side.....you really can see how much more 'car' you get with new Challenger. :alan2cents:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

What are your plans? Any personal changes in store for it ?  Is it a JH23H1 or a JS23H1 ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

I really like the new Challengers but sitting next to the old , looks like it needs to be driven over to      " Jenny Craig"   

RUNCHARGER

I think it's really cool when you realize the cars are almost 50 years different in age. Mercedes/Fiat/Dodge did the best job of the retroes considering the regulations they have to adhere to. And I think one of the reasons I love the original Challengers and Chargers so much is that they were the last of the breed before Big Brother took over the diesigning of automobiles.
Sheldon