Main Menu

Purchased a set of M46 scoops

Started by cuda hunter, February 13, 2020, 07:41:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

BH23G0B294374

Had to buy the whole rust bucket to get the scoops. 
original white car.  Fender tag has literally rusted away.   
Had a repaint to red. 
Has the vin and door sticker and both stamps match. 
NO build sheet. 
Car is so badly rotted that it is really just a time capsule of the M46 option.  covered in red.

Just thought I would share. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

The rear window is so rusted that when I started towing the car, at the first 65 m.p.h. section the rear window blew entirely out.  Lost the window and the exterior window trim.   Left em on the highway in Alabama.  I'm sure some poor soul found em already.
Later on down the road the dash speaker grill blew out. 

those Uhaul trailers pull great.  This is like the 15th car I've towed across America with the car transport and have not had a problem on any of the pulls with the trailer. 

I stopped at a car wash and cleaned up the car.  Don't have many pics yet.  I dropped the car off at a friends who lets me store cars at his property.   I'm gonna have to put some rollers on the car as the rims on the rear of the car have holes in them.  Probably can only use two lugs for each wheel.  The car is super rusty. 

It's pretty much yard art at this point.  I just couldn't see letting it rot away.  Surprisingly there have been a few people make offers on the car since I stored it in Alabama. 
  Every stop I made for gas I was approached by someone who wanted to talk about Mopars. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

What is this in the picture?

Aftermarket Air?  I didn't really look at it until I took the pics. 

Chryco Psycho

That is crazy , I love your passion buying a whole car for the scoops  :worship:
After market or dealer installed air for sure

three two barrels

Shoooter

How far did you have to go to get this one? What's the total now?

Cuda Cody

Brads70

:D   Your crazy! :clapping:  Somehow satisfying to see you get the scoops finally!  Its weird that it has the factory plastic filler  for A/C cars though? 

cuda hunter

:Thud:
Quote from: Shoooter on February 13, 2020, 10:02:50 PM
How far did you have to go to get this one? What's the total now?

It was only 800 miles off my course.  I was already in NOLA so driving up to Alabama was just a jont. 
1745 miles total. 

total of 3 Rust buckets.  Not worth restoring.  put 60 in and get 30 out.  Not worth it. 

Would be nice to find one that is not a rot box.  And not yellow.

Al's fc7 M46 was a rust free car when he found it.  Arizona car. Looking for a rust free example.  In blue.   
I'd really like to find an example with the blue and white stripes.  I don't even have a picture of that option that is listed factory.

cuda hunter

Quote from: Brads70 on February 14, 2020, 02:06:48 AM
:D   Your crazy! :clapping:  Somehow satisfying to see you get the scoops finally!  Its weird that it has the factory plastic filler  for A/C cars though?

The picture appears that the filler piece is fiberglass.  Custom made from the dealer?  I don't think it looks like the filler piece I have on the shelf. 

I'll check it out when I get back down to the car again. 

JS29

I have to hand it to you Josh, You have quit the collection going. Not a bad thing though.  :bigthumb:

cuda hunter

small "cost" collection though.
Very little value in the rust buckets. 
It appears the scoops are worth more than the whole car on the market.   

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 14, 2020, 06:43:10 AM

Al's fc7 M46 was a rust free car when he found it. Arizona car. Looking for a rust free example.  In blue.   
I'd really like to find an example with the blue and white stripes.  I don't even have a picture of that option that is listed factory.

Al's car came out of Ridgecrest California...  Same as Arizona, full blown desert....

anlauto

See there is an ass butt for every seat... :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

You give hope to people all over the world trying to sell their piles of junk  :worship: :clapping: :clapping:

Just kidding...glad to see you're finding and saving those scoops, :bigthumb:  and I'm even more glad I wasn't following you on the highway  :stayinlane:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

There were piles of rust and junk on the floors that blew out over the course of 6 states. 
I at least scooped the big metal parts to the side so they didn't fall out.  Lots of glass.  Lots of tree rubble.  each gas stop I'd scoop the pile a little closer and by the next stop it was gone.
Yeah, you definitely didn't want to be behind me on this trip. 

I hauled ass though.  85 plus the whole way.  No body followed me as I passed everybody. 

Only got pulled over once and just got a warning.  I'm on 8 warnings now.  It's kinda nice getting old.  Cops don't give me speeding tickets as much now.