Main Menu

1970 CUDA PARKING LENS

Started by 6pack, December 23, 2018, 12:15:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6pack

Can anyone explain the black masking applied to the top of the reproduction parking lenses?  I have a late build car and mine do not have that.   Also, I purchased a NOS in the box one at Carlisle and that one does not have it.

Jimmy

HEMICUDA

ALL production line 70 Cuda parking lights had the black vinyl tape on the top.  I have a set of NOS without the tape also.  I was buying rolls of 3M satin vinyl when we applied it to all the new lenses we reproduced.

6pack

That explains it good.  I could not find a NOS passenger side so I bought a reproduction set just for the passenger side.  The reproduced set was less expensive than one NOS.  The reproductions are well made.  There was no tape on the ones in the car as purchased so maybe they were replaced at one time.  They were turning yellow and not as clear as they should be.  So now I have to figure out to use the other reproduction or tape the NOS one.  Thanks for the information. -Jimmy

Jay Bee

If you want to sell the left (driver side) reproduction one I'd be interested. Is the reproduction one you have from BE/A ( HEMICUDA)?

6pack

I think I'll keep them all for now.

Jimmy