Main Menu

Redline received my gauges today and called....

Started by Racer57, November 15, 2017, 07:14:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Racer57

Sent my complete dash cluster to them for amp gauge conversion to volt.
UPS tracking showed they received my stuff today and within a couple hours they called wanting to verify what I wanted done and then told me..... 

Speedometer needle was bent and wrong color. Want that fixed and repainted ?
Fuel, Oil and Water gauges had decal faces that weren't placed correctly. Want them fixed ?
We can calibrate gauges. Want that done ?
You want to replace your voltage limiter with one thats solid state ?

Wasn't planning on all this and I'm tired of pulling the dash so if your going to it, its best to do it right. Right ? :takemymoney:
(venting here instead of telling Wife :D )

nsmall

I just had my gauges restored by them and I could show you a copy of my receipt.  Just let me know.

Shannon give me  a long list too and made me feel a little cheap/guilty for not going all the way.  After $750 I said no more.  I'm happy with what was done.  Glad I had all my needles repainted and the gauges all cleaned up and the tach colored.  Seems expensive, but you always have to look at the guages so it's nice to look at something sharp.

Yep, not always easy to tell the wife.

1 Wild R/T

Same thing a buddy went through with them.. Started as a $165 repair turned into a $900 repair... He was considering Dakota Digital but decided to save some $$ & do the stock Rally cluster.....I'd told him to sell the Rally cluster & go for the Dakota stuff... Now he's as deep into the stock stuff & nothing to sell....

303 Mopar

Redline does great work. I have learned to do it once and do it right.  Ultimately it is your budget so you should decide how to spend it.

HP_Cuda

This is why I will most likely skip the Rallye gauge cluster and go right to the Dakota.

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on November 15, 2017, 08:55:04 PM
Same thing a buddy went through with them.. Started as a $165 repair turned into a $900 repair... He was considering Dakota Digital but decided to save some $$ & do the stock Rally cluster.....I'd told him to sell the Rally cluster & go for the Dakota stuff... Now he's as deep into the stock stuff & nothing to sell....
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Racer57

Cuda Cody

Not cheap, but they do have a great reputation of doing good work.