Main Menu

Scat Pack? 1970 Dodge challenger RT SE 383 HP

Started by MauSanchezC, September 23, 2022, 08:44:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MauSanchezC

I have a 1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 automatic. Tha car was repanted, and i just have the vin number and matching number engine JS29N0B....

The fender tag and BSheet are missing, how can i know if the car had a skat pack with the bumble bee stripe and sticker?

JH27N0B

All high performance '70 Dodges were part of the "Scat Pak" and got the scat pak bee stickers in the rear quarter windows.
It was an advertising term, not an option package like it is now on new Challengers and Chargers, so there isn't an option code for it.
As far as what stripe, you got either a rump stripe, longitudinal stripes, or no stripe. Additionally the hood could have a blackout tape stripe on it. Those were all options and without fender tag, broadcast sheet or other documentation on the car there is no way to know what stripes, what color they were if the car had them, or if the car had the hood blackout. The stripe packages aren't tied in with the "Scat Pak" term marketers used for high performance Dodges.

JS29

:alan2cents: If it had R/T badges on the front fenders below the Challenger script, than ether transverse stripe or no stripe. As far as color of the car go's maybe under the package shelf or under the dash.   :alan2cents: 

6bblgt

& don't forget the 7.4% (1 in 14 R/Ts built) that had V5_ "protective body-side mouldings"  - these cars had mounting holes down the sides of the car:   fender / door / quarter panel

6bblgt

& stripe "DELETE" R/Ts did not have "scat pack bees" in the quarter windows