Main Menu

1970 Barracuda Resto Mod (2019 Challenger Scat Pack Swap)

Started by bankdat, December 09, 2020, 05:09:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

bankdat

Hello, I am new to forums of any sort so bare with me

I have a 1970 Barracuda that I am going to restomod, and I have one question up front that I want to know if it's possible! I have a 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body that I bought last year, that someone hit me and totalled. Has 7k on the odometer, and I bought it back to use the engine/transmission in my Baracuda project. My question is is it POSSIBLE (difficulty aside) to fabricate & modify my Barracuda to accept the ENTIRE drivetrain from my Challenger? My ultimate goal is to literally use every single part from my Challenger into this restoration. I'm talking suspension, brakes, rear suspension/diff, wheels/tires, gauges, head unit, seats, ECU, harness, antenna, seats, sensors, window regulators, control modules, key fob, etc.. I want my Challenger to be integrated as seamlessly as possible.

I have looked into Gerst / AlterKtion /Magnum Force suspension kits, BUT I think I would rather use what I have, not only because I have never seen it done this way, but because I want to push my limits. I'm not looking for any "it'll cost too much" or "too much work" or "why would you do such a thing" comments because I know how crazy it sounds believe me! But I would be very interested to hear some feedback as to how I can pull this off! The best resource is having a bunch of experienced, passionate car guys in the same room with a plan and some inspiration, and I hope I can reach my "impossible" goal! Thanks

anlauto

You should look into doing a full chassis build :alan2cents:
https://roadstershop.com/product/full-chassis/1970-74-challenger-cuda/
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JpRngr

Not sure posting this link is allowed as it's to a different forum, but this guy did it to a RoadRunner. If not allowed, I can send the link via messages.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1292788.html

Corey

Chryco Psycho

Of course it is allowed why not share knowledge ?
I believe the easiest course is to graft the 2019 chassis into the 70 body , other have done this , to me it seems to be the best approach form so many angles , all of the floor plan ,suspension & wiring is basically sorted out just have to modify to make it fit into the 70 body .

bankdat

I've seen something like that before! That's definitely an awesome build and something I would love to do, however I don't think I have the tool Arsenal at my disposal for something like that! Maybe I'll have to do some shopping 😂

I was also wondering though, as far as front end goes, does anyone know if it would be possible for me to buy a gerst/alterktion/magnum force cradle and just swap my suspension, brakes, steering etc.. from my challenger to that? That way I don't have to fit the 2019 cradle underneath the barracuda, since these ones were specifically built  to fit under them!