Main Menu

Se rear window clips

Started by Timbbuc2, March 18, 2019, 04:49:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Timbbuc2

On a 70 Challenger SE, my rear plug has studs for the trim clips, does anyone know if these screw in, The clip kit I bought came with screws.
Get in, I'll drive

headejm

My 1970 SE had screw-in clips not studs. I removed the original (I believe to be original) top during the restoration process so I am assuming the clips were original.  :cheers:

anlauto

Might be easier getting the proper clips ?  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

750-h2

I just did my SE and it also had screw type clips. Same clips as the windshield. I bought mine from R/T Specialties.

Timbbuc2

Quote from: anlauto on March 18, 2019, 06:16:23 AM
Might be easier getting the proper clips ?  :dunno:
So @anlauto , I take it I have the wrong clips, I sure don't want to remove the studs
Get in, I'll drive

anlauto

It sounds like others have used the clips with the screws on their SE's but I think if yours has studs, then it would be easier to get the clips that slide onto the studs :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Timbbuc2

Quote from: anlauto on March 18, 2019, 06:57:27 AM
It sounds like others have used the clips with the screws on their SE's but I think if yours has studs, then it would be easier to get the clips that slide onto the studs :alan2cents:
Thanks Allan, I sure didn't want to remove the studs, they are in good shape
Get in, I'll drive