Main Menu

Seat Upholstery Available from P&G Classics

Started by 70_440-6Cuda, July 29, 2022, 02:07:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70_440-6Cuda

Hey all, I have seen a lot of discussion re: the different manufacturers for e body seat upholstery and with the HUGE lead times for Legendary products I thought I would let everyone know I was able to order a set of seat covers (they shipped within 2 days) for my '70 'Cuda P&G.  Everywhere else I tried to source them from has long lead times and is out of stock.  If the lead times come down to something reasonable I will likely order the correct leather ones from Legendary, but in the meantime these will be better than the peeling duct tape I am currently using

I will post how they look and fit when I get them here and start the install.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

Zshowket

6bblgt

the seats you have are from a '70 Challenger  :thinking:  how's the passenger side seat bottom any split seams - there is a member ???? looking for an original

did you purchase foam also - the foam is different '70 Challenger VS. '70 'cuda vinyl VS. '70 'cuda leather

anlauto

Talking with Jordon at PG Classics, he says their seat cover sales have tripled in the last little while since Legendary is so back logged. When I mentioned quality, he said they been making improvements to their covers with every run, and that their latest stuff has been getting great reviews and everybody says they are just as good as LAI.....
We will see about that, as well. I have a set of 1971 Demon covers that arrived in two days, and now I'm waiting on foams to arrive this week and I'll get them off to my upholstery shop in August.
I'll post pictures when they are done :takepicture:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70_440-6Cuda

@6bblgt are you saying the leather and vinyl seat foams are different for a '70 'Cuda?  I was not going to purchase seat foams because I figured I would do all that when I get my Legendary stuff, but then realized the new covers will probably be ill fitting without them so I will be ordering some new foams this week.  I think the passenger seat bottom is in decent shape, but I will post a pic when I get a chance
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

6bblgt

IIRC the '70 'cuda leather foam was not/is not available? - one might have to modify - pretty generic fit applications out there

here are two examples of available foam for '70 e-bodies - the recesses for any listing wires are in different places  :takealook:

70_440-6Cuda

of course!  Learning as I go - crazy to me how popular the e-bodies are yet the aftermarket support is pretty weak.  My '65 Mustang Fastback was a snap - you can practically build an entire car from all of the parts catalogs! 

I will probably go with the P&G foam considering the covers are from them I would expect it to mate up well....will keep everyone posted in the restoration thread - thanks for the info