Main Menu

Seeking Advice of Asking Price for #s 440 Magnum 4-Speed 1970 Challenger R/T

Started by RSI700VIPER, December 24, 2020, 07:59:18 AM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

Beautiful car. A U code, with numbers matching and a nice build sheet with interior colors matching the exterior? I hope you get 6 figures for it! Not that I'm being selfish, LOL
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

chris NOS

prices are all over the place for U code like  this ,i agree for getting closer to original and  you can advertise in the 65 000,00 and see if buyers are coming for it ... in the 40 50 , sure some flippers will buy it for resale , so why not trying to get the most of it for you ?!

ragtopdodge

can't tell.  Need WAY more pictures of almost everything to determine value.

Could be $40k, could be $60k on a lot of variables.

RSI700VIPER

Thanks all who posted.  I will add additional pictures of underside.  Last I had it on the lift, it was pretty clean.  Plan is to put the factory stripe on, replace valve covers and other detail items plus put on 15 inch rallyes with polyglas tires as someone suggested.  I'm surprised that these U-Codes can bring in the 60s considering six packs aren't much more. 

Matt M

RSI700VIPER

Matt - I will give you a shout.  Here are some pictures of the underside.  I could only find a couple bubbles on the lowers drivers quarter.  Everything else is pretty clean. 

RSI700VIPER

Here is the lower quarter.  Pretty much that's it for the rust.    Also VIN stampings and a picture of my frustration trying to install the filler tube.  New O-ring seal is on its way as I mangled the repop and original O-ring.  Notice hand fabricated tip mounts from previous owner who owned it for 30 years. 

Fastmark

I helped broker a deal on a u code Challenger that was identical except for color. Long story but it only brought $45,000. The reason was that there are just lots of 4 barrel and 6 pack 70 Challengers out there to choose from. That same equipped Cuda will bring $10k more.

anlauto

:iagree: Viewing all the pictures, and seeing that the market is usually pretty flooded with 70 Challengers, I think it would be difficult to get anything over $45K in today's market. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

js27

Looks like a nice clean car. Build sheet and numbers matching are always good. I think the trick to getting a good price for your car is to find a buyer who 1-has the finances to afford it and 2-is find a buyer who had one just like it back in the day. I sold both my cars using this method. The guy who bought my 67 GTX had one almost identical to mine back in the day and I got my asking price. I sold my 70 R/T Vert to a guy who had a 70 Cuda with the same motor and bolt on performance parts that I had on mine. He also paid asking price. You will never get a good price from a flipper because they are in it to make money. There are hundreds of guys who would love to buy your car but can't afford it. It is not a super rare car so chances are collectors are going to invest in it for the future and hope the market goes up. It may take a while to find the right buyer so if your not i a hurry to sell just give it some time and do lots of advertising. I sold both my cars on CARS ON LINE website. $ 50.00 and it is on till it sells. Good Luck with your sale.
JS27

chris NOS

CARS ON LINE website  is where i m always checking for cars for sale , i like it, with the hemmings...

JH27N0B

I've had a Challenger listed on Cars online for years with only occasional responses, most of which are brief emails from somebody claiming to be in UK full of spelling errors asking how the tires are and BS like that. Or a flipper hoping I'm in financial duress and desperate and going to come by, take it off my hands and be my new best friend.
Selling cars is not my forte I guess.  :pullinghair:
Cool car but U codes don't get much more love than N codes it seems, I'd say low 40s as it sits, and high 40s with some issues rectified.

cuda hunter

Please post the fender tag readout.   
Nice car!  Really like the red interiors. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RSI700VIPER

Quote from: cuda hunter on December 27, 2020, 10:51:57 AM
Please post the fender tag readout.   
Nice car!  Really like the red interiors.

I will post a picture of the tag tonight.

RSI700VIPER

Here is the fender tag.