Main Menu

Opinions on a 74 cuda

Started by fireguyfire, November 07, 2018, 06:00:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

fireguyfire

Hi gents; I have come across another E body on my car search; this one is a 74 cuda. The build tag decides the car as a factory 318 car, but when the car was restored a few years ago a 360 was dropped in and the car was badged as a 360.
This of course affects the value; the car is real nice and is restored as factory correct, other than the engine of course.
I'm no expert on 360 engines; I'm looking for some opinions on what you guys and gals that know more about E bodies than I do see under the hood.
I'm also curious on what value ranges are on a 74 non matching but nicely restored cuda would be right now.
Cheers!

Rich G.

Without seeing it in person it's hard to say what it's worth. It is a Cuda which is a plus. You really have to look over everything closely. I think for that car the body is the most important thing that would determine the price. Cuda's aren't getting any cheaper so I think if that car had perfect body and paint I could see it going mid to high 20s . Only because it's a pretty basic car with not a lot of options and some 74 items not there (if the model 74 was important )from what I can see. But I'm usually low with prices now . Still a nice car . Good luck

fireguyfire

Do you guys think it has a 360 crate? Doesn't look like a factory 360 to me, but again I'm no expert on 360's

nsmall

I think we are going to need better pics and info to help you.   Personally a 360 (hopefully modified) sounds more fun vs a matching non 318 to me.  Prices seem to be climbing in the past 2 years.  Go on  :ebay: to check out the prices.  Remember they might not be selling at those prices

Is the car in Canada?  Whats the underside looking like????  I would recommend NOT buying the car unless you inspect or hire someone to go over the car.  Dont get burned, there is always another.   :bradsthumb:

7212Mopar

The valve covers are after market Mopar cast aluminum painted blue. The rear bumper guards are not 74 pieces. Do you care car is number matching? If no, go see it on a lift and bring a magnet with a towel. If all good, take a test drive to see how it runs and stop. According to Hagerty value tool, a perfect one will be in the mid thirty thousand the last time I check.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket