Main Menu

Opinions on this 'Cuda ragtop?

Started by GrandpaKevin, January 23, 2020, 12:26:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JS29

Shaker added, rallye custer wrong year added as well. Good looking car but I think the seller has watched to meany TV auctions.  :looney:

71gogreen

Ricomondo

I don't recall seeing a thread, but that doesn't mean that there's not one floating around.
Most of the stuff I see are minor detailing things:

71 dark center caps -
coded for AM radio and has the upgraded radio but doesn't appear to have the outboard speakers -
71 console with rear ashtray -
No spare tire canister -
CD changer in trunk -
Didn't see a jack set up? -
Wrong dash - appears to be 7K tach
Not sure if that master cylinder is correct?
No repop battery -

Seems like a cool car!
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

RUNCHARGER

Tons wrong, which would be okay at a $65k ask, maybe even at a $75k ask these days. Not near a $94k ask though.
Sheldon

anlauto

Pretty optimistic on the asking price, but he could be a motivated seller willing to listen to offers.....I would like to see the underside....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

My  :alan2cents:  , I know it's minor but it's got the wrong fender mounted turn signals.

JS29

Quote from: Jay Bee on January 23, 2020, 02:54:27 PM
My  :alan2cents:  , I know it's minor but it's got the wrong fender mounted turn signals.
Parts is parts was the build theme! 

E74cuda

I think it was for sale or sold a few years ago. The guy was selling a few cars including this for retirement. Re-stamped motor

HEMICUDA

Quote from: anlauto on January 23, 2020, 02:24:05 PM
Pretty optimistic on the asking price, but he could be a motivated seller willing to listen to offers.....I would like to see the underside....

Based on "your extensive expertise" and what you charge for "your" level of restoration, what exactly are you seeing that makes a real 70 big block convertible not worth close to that money? :notsure:

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 23, 2020, 01:29:49 PM
Tons wrong, which would be okay at a $65k ask, maybe even at a $75k ask these days. Not near a $94k ask though.

I agree with Sheldon on these numbers. We can see lots of little details wrong, added (incorrect) options and the biggest deal breaker is no pictures of the underside. For $94K I would expect to see a fresh restoration underneath with all new mechanicals, no sign of cruddy undercoating or rust, etc...
The condition of the car, and the simple fact it's a base 383 Cuda model with an automatic transmission, holds the value back in my opinion. :alan2cents: Most buyers prefer that H code, U code, V or R even over the 383 car, and a 4 speed is a must for most buyers...

Being optimistic isn't a bad thing, you can't sell your car for $90K if you only ask $75K    :dunno: :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Crocha617

A friend of mine found a 1970 B7/with Black interior 383 Cuda Convertible basket case in a field in Alabama about 8-10 years ago. The fender tag was there but the drive train was gone. The car was a rot box nearly broken in half. He put it on Ebay and it sold for like $14k. There's a chance this could be the same car but I have no record of the Vin so there's no way to know.

anlauto

Quote from: Crocha617 on January 24, 2020, 11:31:00 AM
A friend of mine found a 1970 B7/with Black interior 383 Cuda Convertible basket case in a field in Alabama about 8-10 years ago. The fender tag was there but the drive train was gone. The car was a rot box nearly broken in half. He put it on Ebay and it sold for like $14k. There's a chance this could be the same car but I have no record of the Vin so there's no way to know.

Pretty rare colour, so you never know  :dunno:

kdcarman

List a car for nearly 100k and no pic of the underside.  I don't get that.

EV2RTSE

Quote from: Crocha617 on January 24, 2020, 11:31:00 AM

Could be - over on moparts they called it out for being another with a restamped block