Main Menu

Shaker hood conversions

Started by Shoooter, March 05, 2020, 09:03:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JS29

What did you do to get it to fit better? what area's were the problem.  :popcorn:

BFM_Cuda

Quote from: Shoooter on March 05, 2020, 09:03:11 PM
Also since the modern hemi swaps are getting more popular has anyone seen a modern shaker on a old car?

I plan to add it on my 71 challenger 5.7 swap. I don't have any of the parts other than the engine yet. I am planning to use good quality reproduction parts and a truck intake manifold. The truck manifolds are lower and have the throttle body in the back or vertical in the front. I am hoping to only modify a baseplate to fit the intake tube to the throttle body. I don't want to have tubing running around or showing in the engine bay.

Right now I am going to focus on getting the body metal work done, and then mock up the engine/shaker/hood at that stage. Custom shaker base mounts are a given...

Chaos-N-Mayhem

Quote from: anlauto on March 06, 2020, 11:09:30 AM
Just ran into this issue last week with a Challenger AMD shaker trim ring as well....I worked with the body shop to get it corrected the best we could...
Maybe, AMD uses the same trim ring for both Challenger and Cuda ??? I've heard the Cuda ones fit okay  :dunno:

I agree. My gut is that they just stopped making both and just send out a Cuda ring for challengers. I called AMD about it and they said the challenger shaker rings are still an issue. I actually have a post here on this very subject. I also plan to follow up with my fix once my car is back.

Just curious how far off your shaker ring was and what needed to be done to fix it?

anlauto

Quote from: JS29 on March 06, 2020, 01:19:29 PM
What did you do to get it to fit better? what area's were the problem.  :popcorn:

I believe someone posted a picture of the issue awhile back in another thread....It's basically the "hump" in the center of the trim ring was too high to match the hump in the hood....We just worked the aluminum trim ring hump down until it was a better match to the hood.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

392 Cuda

The AMD Cuda shaker hood and trim rim fit fine for me (just put in on last month).

I'm still fabbing up a set of brackets to fit it on the 6.4L hemi with car intake.

Most people who made it look good used aftermarket intake manifolds (some with carbs).

Marty

An R-Dot hood here on my 1970 Barracuda. (They left the tag on the hood after paint.) It came on the car when I bought it. Fits just fine to the body. I drilled the holes for the hood pins.  "Shakerhood" for the Shaker Scoop kit. I haven't installed the kit yet, but the parts look well made.