Main Menu

Shaker Spacer

Started by 6pack, March 24, 2019, 06:01:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6pack

On a 1970 Cuda with a factory 340 shaker was there a spacer between the carb and intake or air cleaner.  While researching Hemi carbs I read something about it this week and thought I would ask here.  I do not see one on mine.  This is with the single 4-barrel Carter.  There was a site I visited where the person was showing the difference between an aluminum aftermarket intake verses the original in height at the carb base then he states plus the 1/4" spacer has to be added.  Does anyone know about this?

Racer57

The spacer goes between the intake manifold and the carb. All manifolds do not have the same height spec, so spacers are sometimes required. If your shaker fits properly, don't worry about it.

6pack

Thanks for the reply.  I could use one; the rear has a small gap.  It is almost as the baseplate could be shimmed up with a beveled shaped spacer or the trans could be lifted up some at the rear mount.  The front of the shaker fits fine.  Maybe the restorer used the incorrect size trans mount .  Dose anyone know if there are different size heights?