Main Menu

Engine mount spacer.

Started by Rdchallenger, September 04, 2021, 03:19:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rdchallenger

Hey all, I'm reusing the spacers from my 318 for my 340. I'm aware of the driver side needing swimmed. The question is though if I wanted to put just a solid spacer in place of washers, how thick does it need to be?

anlauto

Engine mount spacers ? Do you have a picture of what you're referring to ? :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rdchallenger

Quote from: anlauto on September 04, 2021, 07:37:29 PM
Engine mount spacers ? Do you have a picture of what you're referring to ? :huh:

Meaning instead of using washers on my 318 mounts since the driver side is different on a 340. I was going to have a solid spacer made instead for looks. I believe there's about a half inch difference between 318 and 340 motor mounts, I was just trying to be sure.

cudaragtop

I believe it is the Driver's side 318 mount to 340 block difference he is trying to fill.
The 340 block has narrower casting that he is trying to fill to use with the 318 mount, instead of stacking washers in the gap...
:thinking:

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

Rdchallenger

Bingo!!! Sorry I was jumbling it all up. Been feeling under the weather today haha.

Rdchallenger

Soooo now that we have that cleared up, anyone have an answer on the difference in space?