Main Menu

Some 70 Challenger memorabilia and literature I’ve collected

Started by 70/6chall, March 02, 2021, 10:15:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70/6chall

Through the years I have collected various pieces of memorabilia and literature that I've had the luck to run across and have been able to purchase. I thought I'd share with you, my fellow e-body forum members, some of the items I've collected. Here they are.
1) Original 70 Challenger dealership sales brochure (sometimes referred to as the people in the tree)
2) A newspaper supplement insert heralding the new for 70 Dodge Challenger
3) 1970 Challenger and Challenger R/T facts and features
4) "Big news from Scat City" featuring all of Chrysler's performance line up for 1970, including the new for 70 e-body cars.
5) The Dodge News Magazine announcing the 70 Challenger
6) Galen Goviers Chrysler Corp. production option code, pocket type, book
7) Original Dodge salesman's handy pocket spec and info book for the Dodge Challenger
8)  (2) 70 Challenger post cards showing a 70 Challenger mailed to prospective and return customers for advertising
9) a book of matches showing a 70 Barracuda for again advertising
    Enjoy my collection.   Thanks,   Al

blown motor

I'm trying to collect memorabilia also. The hunt is fun. @70/6chall do you display it and is there any particular place that has been more successful for you in finding stuff?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Did you know that there are CDN versions of the dealership brochures that are different then the US versions ?

I don't have 70 Challenger, but I have others...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mccannix

Many Mopar Canadian version brochures were in French, as well as English, as were some owners manuals.

I also have some Mopar brochures in Spanish

70/6chall

With the replies and many views to my posting of Challenger literature, it seems a lot of you enthusiasts have done a little collecting yourselves. We might not have a collection like Steve Juliano's, but non the less important. Answering "Blown Motor" Yes, the hunt is fun and when you find something even by accident you feel good about your acquisition. I have not displayed yet, at cruises or shows my 50 year old paper items, but who knows when things really open up again. I still worry about sticky fingers and my displayed items. Alan, I am aware of the CDN versions of the Chrysler literature available on our cars. How about you enthusiasts posting up some of your memorabilia and literature for us to see. Doesn't matter whether your acquisitions fill a room or a dresser drawer. Let's see what you've collected along the way during the ownership of your car collection. C'mon post em up.
Thanks,   Al

EV2RTSE

I found a seller on Amazon that made a 24x32 poster out of that 'see it this week' ad, just picked up one for the garage and put it in a frame the other day.

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: Yes I finished collecting every muscle era Mopar brochure about 20 years then I discovered the US ones were different so I started in on those as well. I don't collect the french ones however. I have Dodge/Fargo ones from 1967 to late 1980's too. The truck ones get interesting, there are brochures, spec sheets etc. for different size trucks.
Sheldon

ec_co

funny you posted this now my friend .... I just got this in the mail the other day and was going to call you, but here we are ..... (you seem to be missing this one for some reason .....)

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

benlavigne

There is a section on this site where most brochures are posted, including a lot of French Canadian ones I scanned!
If anyone has different ones, it would be neat to add it to this library...
https://www.e-bodies.org/resources/plymouth_cuda_dodge_challenger_brochure_sale_ads/

Ben

three two barrels

Here is most of the Challenger items I have collected.

JH27N0B

I've accumulated a ton of Challenger stuff over my lifetime including most of the brochures and vintage articles previously posted.  Here's an oddball item I found, a holographic credit card sized calendar, with the 1970 Challenger on the front and 1970 calendar on the back. The car and girl are stationary and the mountain background moves as you change your perspective. I found one that was a little tired, and soon after bought a second one in better condition off eBay.

JH27N0B

And a Challenger promotional model from each year they made them.  For some reason there was no 1974 Challenger promo made, though MPC sold a '74 Challenger annual model kit.

blown motor

blown motor

anlauto

Quote from: blown motor on March 29, 2021, 10:22:29 AM
A recent acquisition.

I think you're supposed to hang it the other way  :drunk: 
I wonder who's making those ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration