Main Menu

Spotted another one!

Started by dodj, August 21, 2023, 06:30:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

All this summer I have been cruising around our area without a 'cuda or Challenger to be seen. Until a couple days ago. I saw a '71 Challenger R/T shaker convertible.
Figure it must be a pretty rare car if it's not a clone.
Are the rest of you seeing fewer ebodies on the road in your area?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JH27N0B

No Challenger R/T convertibles in 71.
The number of vintage E bodies seems pretty constant by me.  Pretty much the same ones are out and about that we'd see in previous years. 
I was at a good sized (250+ cars) cruise tonight and there were 4 Challengers in attendance.
My 70 convertible, a 71 convertible, a 72 or 73 hot rodded purple one, and a 71 with an A12 style hood.
All are cars I've seen many times over the years. In fact the 71 I remember seeing back 25 years ago.
There's another 3 or 4 that are fairly regular at this cruise that weren't there tonight though.
I've only seen a couple cudas there.  Cudas are a much rarer sight at local events here.

dodj

Quote from: JH27N0B on August 21, 2023, 09:27:55 PM
No Challenger R/T convertibles in 71.

But it had the '71 grille and R/T decals on it!
:))
Oh well, it was a nice looking car. Maybe I'll run across it again someday and find out what it really is.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

70vert

I rarely see any classic Mopars out and about near me (NW Houston/Tomball). I do see a black 68? Charger occasionally, a "kid" driving. Even local car shows are mostly just modern Challengers/Chargers.

I on the other hand drive mine frequently, though I've back off a bit in this heat with a black convertible top & black interior, no A/C!!!! :(

JH27N0B

Here is the 71 Challenger "R/T' vert that was at the cruise I went to last night.  I've seen this car from time to time starting in the late 90s but never have talked to the owner.  He's sort of anti social.  In fact he also has a Roadrunner with an A12 hood and when he brings it out, he just sits in it for hours at the cruise instead of in a lawn chair by the car.  He covers part of the Challenger's VIN so I can't see it, but I'm sure its a G or C code car.  In all the times I've seen it I've never seen the top down either.  As contrast to my convertible where car enthusiasts in the area who've seen it many times couldn't tell you what color my cars top is, as they've never seen the car with the top up!  :P
I actually did see an E body over the weekend I'd never seen before at a different cruise.  A real V code cuda.  Some custom touches like purple inserts in the upholstery and a aftermarket steering wheel.  Nice looking car!
I saw a GA4 72 or 73 Challenger driving on a road a couple miles from my house a few weeks ago I didn't recognize.  There must be around a dozen Challengers that one will see at local cruises over the summer that are all cars that the owners have had for a long time.  I've had my convertible for 26 years for example.  Rare to spot a fresh E body here.  But the people who own them don't seem to ever part with them!  :drinkingbud:

tparker

I stopped seeing muscle cars in '91, just before I went into the Army. Or so it seems. We used to have tons of them driving around but now you rarely see any muscle cars. And the rarest of the lot are Mopars (ok, maybe AMC's) let alone E bodies specifically. LOL

HOWEVER, I was driving around the corner from my house and saw 3 muscle cars parked at a house. I think an old 60s Corvette, something else, and a T/A challenger. I think the owner had the corvette and the T/A was visiting. That was a nice supprise.

Spikedog08

See many ebodies in my area .  .  . and mopars in general!   :grouphug:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda U Code

Attended the TN State fair on Sunday, almost 300 cars, several nice Mopars. Only 1 Challenger and 1 Cuda.
What surprised me the most was class 17 (62-97 Mopar production) had only 1 entry, my 70 Cuda. Seems that non modified production Mopars are becoming more rare.

YellowThumper

Attended a show in Big Bear Ca. 2 weeks ago.
They "limit" attendance to 500 cars.
There was not a single Ebody in the show.
I was in my Mstang :stop:
Already working towards getting Challenger ready for next year.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

I was at a local car show on Sunday here on Vancouver Island there was a pink 70 challenger, a purple challenger, a red 71 340 challenger an original n96 car that was really nice, my 70 Cuda, an absolutely beautiful 69 dart with a 426 Hemi, 70 440-6 road runner and a few A bodies

dodj

Quote from: JH27N0B on August 22, 2023, 06:56:58 AM
As contrast to my convertible where car enthusiasts in the area who've seen it many times couldn't tell you what color my cars top is, as they've never seen the car with the top up!  :P
If I was lucky enough to have a vert, the top would never be up unless it was raining.

And I see there are lots of '71 Challenger R/T verts out there...lol :))

JH27N0B

Quote from: dodj on August 23, 2023, 02:47:32 PM
Quote from: JH27N0B on August 22, 2023, 06:56:58 AM
As contrast to my convertible where car enthusiasts in the area who've seen it many times couldn't tell you what color my cars top is, as they've never seen the car with the top up!  :P
If I was lucky enough to have a vert, the top would never be up unless it was raining.

And I see there are lots of '71 Challenger R/T verts out there...lol :))
At least 3 by me with is actually pretty amazing.  My buddy in the next town over who has his GA4 340 4 speed one that he has has for about 50 years, that silver one I posted a picture of owned by a guy from the north or northwest side of Chicago, and a red 71 318 car that lives in my town.  He bought it at a Mecum auction in the area around 5 years ago and I thought he stole it. I saw it at the auction and thought it was a real nice solid looking car, and when I checked the results later couldn't believe it sold for the low 30s.  I've only seen it out and about a few times though, he'll go to the cruise in my town once every year or so it seems, other than that I don't know if he goes to any shows or cruises with it as I've hardly seen it even though its nearby!

Mixup7071

In my area, northern KY 30 minutes across the river from Cincinnati Ohio, went to a car show about100 cars there maybe a few more, 4 challenger convertibles 3 hard tops 1cuda convertible 2 hard tops, all 318 cars but engines switch 340s 360s and 2 of the cudas had 426 hemis in them, out of hundred cars10 were E bodies plus one has another challenger at home and a different guy has 2 more challenger convertibles that he's restoring so I think half of all E bodies are in Kentucky. Oh and the rest of the 100 car's were new mustangs

dodj

Quote from: Mixup7071 on August 24, 2023, 09:49:31 AM
Oh and the rest of the 100 car's were new mustangs
Ya....I like going to car shows, cruise ins etc. And I like the new mustangs & Challengers....but they aren't show material in my opinion. They're...just...new cars. Anybody can have one if they want to/have the dough.
I can go see new Mustangs and Challengers at a local dealer.

7E-Bodies

I can't remember the last time I saw an E on the road or saw one at a local show here in the Central IL area. Mind you, I know where a few are, but you seldom see them out. I plan to change that when I finish mine.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green