Main Menu

Mopar Cop car video

Started by tman, February 06, 2019, 04:07:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71-440

Joe

gaddied

I remember the Minnesota state troopers back in that time . They were maroon and white Mopars ,believe me I do remember .

Husk Challenger

Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

RUNCHARGER

Our Police cars were originally black and white. Then some genius in Ottawa decided to make the same colour as a certain provinces police cars and things have went downhill ever since.
Sheldon

Rich G.

Boy I can remember flying down the road in my 71 and seeing them red flashing lights in my mirror!!!

Mopsquad

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 07, 2019, 07:05:32 AM
Our Police cars were originally black and white. Then some genius in Ottawa decided to make the same colour as a certain provinces police cars and things have went downhill ever since.

Not so Mellow Yellow. 

ebodycopper

Great video.  I often attend a vintage emergency vehicles show in Ferndale Michigan (just outside of Detroit). It takes place every year the Friday night before the infamous Woodward Dream Cruise.  Police cruisers, fire trucks, ambulances from all eras past and present.  The highlight of the event ends with a lights and sirens cruise of the vehicles down spectator lined streets.  Lots of fun.

bpsmopar

We would buy retired RCMP Dodges and Plymouth's from 71 on and they would sell quickly if they were the freeway cars with 440s. The city cars had 318s and 360s. They were black and whites back then so we just painted the doors. We delivered many cars to theRCMP throughout the 70s.
Members loved the 440 cars :woohoo:

Topcat

Cool video.

Gives me nightmares of Officer Jennings in Los Gatos P.D. from then   :bricks: