Main Menu

sunroof compatability

Started by cuda hunter, February 16, 2017, 06:48:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Are the challenger and cuda sunroof's the same?

Are the a body sunroof's compatible with e body sunroof's?

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda Cody

Mr. Sunroof will know!   :brainiac:  Alan has done more Sunroof cars then anyone I know.   :popcorn:

anlauto

:haha: I was thinking how to answer....but it would be a guess at best  :dunno:

I would GUESS Barracuda and Challenger were the same, but I would ASSUME "A" Body would be different.

Maybe the answer can be found on Scott's web site https://moparsunroofregistry.com/  :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

screamindriver

Define " compatible" ??? What years are we discussing ??? 71-72 A body was a folding canvas style like the old VWs... 73-up was a manual crank...In general the E body sunroof was wider than the A body...I built a 73 RR original sunroof car a few years ago that one was bigger than all of them...There's interchangeable parts between certain styles like manual crank,electric etc...

cataclysm80

I would expect the headliner to be different for Barracuda vs Challenger, and everything else to be the same.
Maybe you could have some minute year to year differences, but I don't recall hearing of any.
Dayclona (I think his name is Mike) built several sunroof cars also.

Chryco Psycho

I believe all of the E , B & C cars use the same panel , read this somewhere , basically made the same part & adapted it to the different roof , not sure about the A body as some had the rag roof not the hard panel . but it would make sense to use the same part as much as possible .
However I have been wrong before , the parts book should list the part # but mine is in the trunk of my Chall roughly 6000 miles from here