Main Menu

TA challenger front and rear track

Started by Ronald Gower, May 03, 2020, 05:32:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Ronald Gower

Hi all

A friend of mine is having some trouble getting his convertible challenger licensed with wider wheels. As its a modified car with four link and some other mods it has to be engineered to pass licensing. He believes the TA challenger had a wider track which he can use in his submission to run a wider  track. Is there an y official chrysler literature that gives these specifications, original marketing material or service bulletins? If anyone could point me in the right direction or able to provide a pdf of this info, it would be greatly apprectiated.

anlauto

All E Bodies have the same track width, nothing special about TA's
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Katfish

Didn't the TA's has larger tires on the back, L-60s?

JH27N0B

T/A and AARs had G60x15 rear tires and E60x15 front tires, mounted in the same 15x7 wheels.
Little Red Trucks had different front and rear tire sizes too.

Ronald Gower

Ok thanks guys, is there a go to place on the net that lists specifications of the ebodies, weights dimensions etc?

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Katfish

Is track width the width of axles?  Or the widest point of body?
None of these cars have the tires extended beyond the body lines.

anlauto

Quote from: Katfish on May 04, 2020, 09:22:06 AM
Is track width the width of axles?  Or the widest point of body?
None of these cars have the tires extended beyond the body lines.

Tracking is the center line of the wheels from side to side. Because all E Bodies share the same length rear axles and front suspensions, and use the same standard off set on the rims, the tracking remains the same, and not effected by tire size.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration