Main Menu

The Canadian HEMI Challenger convertible...

Started by anlauto, March 20, 2022, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

This is cool... :canada: Nigel Mills of National Moparts fame in Bearverton ON, finally found the negatives of some old pictures, had them developed and we now have pictures of the elusive 1970 Hemi Challenger R/T convertible that is still rumored to be floating around the Toronto area somewhere....
Here's some more of the story... https://www.facebook.com/groups/1332020893818569/permalink/1686459245041397

I think it's JS27R0B332575 if I'm not mistaken  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

more pictures...thanks to Nigel  :worship: :canada:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

dodj

I'm sure it would be a great car in the snow.... ::)
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

ragtopdodge

PW four-speed car with dual painted mirrors.

Very cool!  Hope it didn't get crushed.

anlauto

Quote from: ragtopdodge on March 21, 2022, 03:37:54 PM
PW four-speed car with dual painted mirrors.

Very cool!  Hope it didn't get crushed.

From what I understand, the whereabouts is still unknown....I think enough people knew about it back in the day, that I doubt (hope as well) it didn't get crushed.
:fingerscrossed:

dodj

Wasn't there just a total of four '70 hemi  Challengers in Canada?  :dunno:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on March 21, 2022, 04:26:28 PM
Wasn't there just a total of four '70 hemi  Challengers in Canada?  :dunno:

3 convertibles
19 Hardtops
4 RT/SE's

YYZ

In that Facebook thread there are some old shots of the FF4 AAR you restored recently (from St Thomas)

anlauto

Quote from: YYZ on March 21, 2022, 06:09:07 PM
In that Facebook thread there are some old shots of the FF4 AAR you restored recently (from St Thomas)

I'm not a member of the group :'(

750-h2

Yes that car was in Toronto in 1982. Its lic. plate was SOY479.

RSI700VIPER

Quote from: anlauto on March 20, 2022, 04:00:45 PM
more pictures...thanks to Nigel  :worship: :canada:

Curious what the second fender tag had on it.  I thought only "hemi fender" came on Cudas. 

Chryco

the car is north/ east of Toronto in same or worse condition
Tommy The Chryco
Cuda Rubber Bumpers and The Better "Shaker Kits"
1-866-893-2547

Mr Cuda

So....it's location is known,  and no one has done whatever it takes to get/protect it?
The owner has the right to make it yard art. Hey, I got a hemi convertible!!
We had a Daytona rotting under a tarp around here. Was only a matter of paying the money to get it

JH27N0B

Hopefully it's stored inside in a garage so it deteriorates slowly.
Very likely a situation like with the RTS cuda where the owner is obsessed with keeping it, and it will only be sold after he dies or becomes incapacitated, and those designated to handle his affairs sell it. The black hemi cuda convertible is another similar example, though that cars owner seemed to have made sure it was stored well so that it was in great shape when he finally decided to part with it last year.
Thinking of deteriorated hemi Challenger convertibles, I am reminded of the FC7 example in Missouri or Kansas a few years back that was listed on eBay.
Does anyone know where it ended up and if it's being restored?

RzeroB

Quote from: Mr Cuda on June 30, 2023, 07:14:12 AM
So....it's location is known,  and no one has done whatever it takes to get/protect it?
The owner has the right to make it yard art. Hey, I got a hemi convertible!!

From what I heard at MCACN, this car is in legal limbo. There are at least two parties who claim to be the legal owner of the car  :verymad: :verymad: (don't ask me how that can be because I don't know). So, until it can be determined who legally owns the car, it will remain in limbo for the time being.  :headbang:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)