Main Menu

Shaker

Started by ply64post, September 18, 2017, 08:01:51 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ply64post

My cousin bought a 70 440-6 barrel  Cuda  A06 PD. The original engine and shaker hood is missing,so the questions are the standard hp valve covers the same on all 70 hp cars and  how many fittings are on the breather? To confirm being a shaker is there a hole below and just to the left of the voltage regulator? I guess to learn more about shakers,on Hemi shaker cars was there 2 holes 1 for the shaker cable and 1 for the choke cable? He had purchased all the shaker parts before Ben Snowbar's auction with a nice savings.Some picture would be nice.

Thank You   
                                                                        Jeff

Cuda Cody

This site can be very useful:

http://www.nicksgarage.com/aircleaner.htm

There is 1 hole on the firewall for the shaker cable.  Normally it's the passenger side (I think).

fc7cuda

Choke cable is 71 HEMI only and hole on drivers side.  70 BB valve covers are the same, HP motor or not except for color.  Are you asking about the valve cover breather?  that goes to the shaker adapter?  Most common is 1 fitting(like pic above), but could have more depending on other factors.  :alan2cents:

Any pics to post?   :banana:

Timbbuc2

I bought my shaker kit about the same time, a week before the auction. Yes good savings!!!!
Get in, I'll drive