Main Menu

Under Hood and other body decal locations

Started by Shoooter, February 26, 2021, 09:52:13 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

Hello,

I'm at the point where I need to purchase from of the body decals like the antifreeze, air cleaner, jack instructions ect. Does anyone have good pictures or can tell me the correct spots they all go around the complete car? I'm interested in the Cuda locations but I'm sure others would be interested in the challengers ones as well. Much appreciated

Skdmark

Year and factory can influence things.
Info is from ECS and ICCA

Nothing was too consistent at the factory when it came to the label placement.

Radiator
This decal is located on the top flat portion of the radiator core support. It is placed in random positions along the top edge of this area. (The middle/driver's side area is the most common position.)

Emissions
These decals are located on the top flat area(s) of the driver's side inner fender well. Position varied depending on the vehicle model.
Off to the right of the fender tag

Tire pressure
This decal is located in the driver's side door jam area, approximately 2 inches below the door striker pin.

VIN data decal
This decal is located on the driver's door of the vehicle. Exact placement will depend on make and model of vehicle.
LA and Hamtramck placement and orientation was different between the two plants

Trunk
This decal is located on the under side of the trunk deck lid. Placement varied, but most were located in the upper-center area of the trunk lid.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Shoooter

Thank you. I assume the air cleaner ones would be on the unit themself?

Skdmark

Quote from: Shoooter on February 26, 2021, 01:13:53 PM
Thank you. I assume the air cleaner ones would be on the unit themself?

Yes, on the air cleaner unit itself. Where depends on which air cleaner setup we're talking about.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

anlauto

Yea, not a lot of "rules" when it comes to exact placement...these were installed by humans...sometimes drunk or stoned  :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shoooter

Perfect! I was looking for a general location so this is all great info. Thank you