Main Menu

vin # inquiry

Started by Pentastarnut, November 16, 2017, 07:25:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Pentastarnut

After looking around here and a few other places, i'd like info on build dates for other BS23 cars compared to mine. My vin is BS23H0B161615 . the closest vin i've found is  BS23H0B166229 with a date of A23. Care to share your numbers and Date ? thanx, harry

303 Mopar

Quote from: Pentastarnut on November 16, 2017, 07:25:49 AM
After looking around here and a few other places, i'd like info on build dates for other BS23 cars compared to mine. My vin is BS23H0B161615 . the closest vin i've found is  BS23H0B166229 with a date of A23. Care to share your numbers and Date ? thanx, harry

@6bblgt - Dan should be able to help.

Cuda Cody

Culvers

161609 and 161616 have a SPD of A15

6bblgt

:iagree: "SCHEDULED" middle of October "A15" 1969

Shane Kelley

OK  I have to admit this SPD stuff is kind of confusing me a bit.  @6bblgt can you help me with my data plate? My VIN is a later sequence number compared to those but I thought my build date was around the Oct. 10th. Any help would much appreciated.

anlauto

I always wanted an A23 car :smile:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

@Shane Kelley   :wowzers:

..... but first - those are '70s & your 'cuda is a '71 so the dates won't/shouldn't line up

something like:
orders received (or created)
VINs assigned in sequence & "scheduled"
specifics sent to plant
plant builds as manpower & parts allow

cars can be pushed ahead or delayed for many reasons (days or weeks)

back to the   :wowzers: :wowzers:

your 'cuda is near/among the know VINs of the "FLY NAVY" promotional Barracuda convertibles @Finoke may be able to shed some additional light on the subject

your 'cuda appears to be an EXPORT ordered car delivered stateside - Being GB5 & its proximity to the "FLY NAVY" cars I wonder if there is any connection or just coincedence?  What do you know about your car's past?  Maybe start a "looking for history of BS23H1B181..." thread?

Shane Kelley

The only thing I know for sure is that it spent most it's life in Florida. I prior owner told me a guy bought it new when he was in the military and sold it to his bother in the early 70's. Then shortly after that it was wrecked and sat in a garage until 2000. That's when the previous owner bought it and took it to Arizona and sort of fixed it. Some of the things he told me about the repairs didn't give with what I saw when I restored it. So I can't say for certain how much truth was in the story. I did get a copy of a early title so I do know it was in Florida early in life. I tried to track down the name on the title but had no luck.

Pentastarnut

thanx for the replies. i found this on the rear seat by the build sheet