Main Menu

Vintage Air with Standard Dash

Started by cudabin, September 25, 2023, 06:10:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudabin

Can anyone confirm whether the Vintage Air Gen IV Surefit complete kit for non-factory air cars includes the heater/ac control panel that will fit a standard e body dash? Every picture I see on their website shows what appears to be the ralleye dash heater/ac control panel for the non-factory air kit. Do you require the factory standard ac/heater panel and Vintage air simply provides the control portion to fill the hole? See pic for reference.

anlauto

Interesting question. You're in Ontario, you should order though Horton Hot Rods in Milton ON, Paul is a Mopar guy and if he doesn't know the answer, he'll get you the answer.

Their catalog shows that they offer both panels "standard" and rallye"  for factory AC cars, but it doesn't list non-AC standard dash cars...interesting
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparLeo

Have you tried to contact Vintage Air directly ? They would be the first source for info on their product. They would also have the latest info. Sometimes things are in the works that dealers don't know about..
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

YellowThumper

Good question. I also was searching and don't recall seeing the standard dash option.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

cudabin

Thank you for the responses. I was just taking a chance someone on this board had already ordered the kit for a non-air car with a standard dash. I must be the only person in North America with an e body who is converting their non-air car to air and at the same time refuses to purchase ralleye gauges and ralleye dash trim.  :dunno: I will contact Vintage Air direct and see what they have to say and post the answer to this board for future reference.  :cheers:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Deezel

Here's the instructions on how the control panel goes together with standard gauges. Looks to me like the rallye and standard gauge cars use the same kit. https://www.vintageair.com/instructions_pdf/471075-EDA.pdf

I was also able to find a picture of one installed.

Lonnie
1973 'cuda

cudabin

Thanks for posting the instructions and pic Lonnie. I agree with you that the panel provided in the kit is used with both the standard and ralleye gauges.  It appears from the diagram at the top of page 6 that the control panel provided in the kit slips in behind the gauge bezel on the right side for the standard dash setup  (dotted lines shown in the diagram). Not sure if that is even possible without interference? Maybe the expectation is that you will trim it?? No mention in the instructions.

cudabin

After mocking up my dash gauges and bezel and reviewing the attached picture of an OEM standard ac/heater control panel it appears that the ac control panel from Vintage Air would work on either a ralleye or standard dash setup. It is much thinner and simply slides in behind the standard speedometer gauge bezel as opposed to the OEM piece which is much thicker and requires a relief to avoid the base of the speedometer. I assume the spacers shown in the Vintage Air instructions helps set up the right depth so that the Vintage Air ac/heater control panel properly aligns with the radio bezel on the right hand side.

anlauto