Main Menu

Best Times You've Had in Your E-Body? ...... With Your Clothes On!

Started by Bullitt-, February 18, 2017, 08:14:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70chall440

Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on February 20, 2017, 02:47:44 PM
This is definitely a rated "G" post.

I believe the year was 2006?? I drove Topcat and RusTySE from Carlisle to the airport in Baltimore. Fun times guys.   :)

I thought that was the intent  :notsure:
Mopar or no car!!!

ChallengerHK

About 1980. I was on my way to a college class, and I let my mind wander at the wrong time. Next thing I know I looked down and I was doing 75 in a 55, just as I was passing a State Policeman. He clicked on the lights, and knowing that he had to get up to speed I made a split second decision and nailed it. I was past 100 before he was in gear. I got out of his line of sight and slid through a cross over so that I was going in the opposite direction, then dropped it down to the limit.

A few seconds later I pass him. He looks over at me, looks straight...the looks at me again and I knew he recognized me. He still had a few seconds to reach the cross over, so I nailed it again. At the next cross over (where he was originally parked) I went across the road (took a left, in other words) and got on it hard. Problem was, it was a dirt road, and I left this big plume behind me, which I knew he'd see.

I did a u-turn. Figured I had maybe 30 seconds, so I pushed it the way I had come in, and by the grace of the mopar gods I made it to a quarry. I pulled in and slid myself between two trucks full of gravel. About 10 seconds later, preceded by the sound of his siren, he flew past. As soon as he was gone I pulled out, went back to the main road, and went home. I had had enough for the day.  8)

70chall440

Mopar or no car!!!

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Rev-It-Up

:haha: Some great stories! I am jealous of all of you that have driven in a Super Bird!  :cheers:
Rev-It-Up

Chryco Psycho

From the drivers seat it is just a RR at least until around 100 Mph

ChallengerHK

Quote from: Bullitt- on February 21, 2017, 04:43:57 PM
:rebelflag" Dave that woulda made the Duke Boys Proud   :woohoo:
One of many. The times I got caught were serious bummers.

chal340

The first time I drove my Challenger. It was in January 2008 from Le Havre to Paris. Le Havre is the city where my car arrived from United states by boat.
I was in a Ebody 1970 Dodge Challenger. :wowzers: :wowzers: :wowzers:
70 Dodge Challenger 340 A66.

RUNCHARGER

My first Challenger was a 4 speed, 383, 71, R/T. The car was only 7 or 8 years old but it must have been from Ontario or Quebec as it had corrosion issues everywhere. I was out in it one day and power shifted second gear and the car instantly got loud as I had blown the muffler off. I pulled over to look for the muffler and couldn't find it laying on the road anywhere. Walking back to the car I could see it. The front of the muffler had grabbed the pavement and forced it up into the rusty trunk and it was hanging there. So now I had an exhaust system to repair as well as a trunk floor. I got smart and got rid of that car though, sure wish I could have gotten it before it had deteriorated so badly.
Sheldon