Main Menu

Need guidance on exterior molding and weatherstripping.

Started by Ohiowoodchuck, December 18, 2021, 05:51:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Ohiowoodchuck

Can someone help me with the weatherstripping, drip rail moldings and window felt. It's a 1974 Barracuda and most of the stuff is missing. I'm confused on what all I need to buy to completely reseal up everything on the car. So I'll give it a shot to see if I'm correct. New drip rail molding set for car then there is a roll of felt that goes down before I screw this on. Then I buy weatherstripping that goes into the drip rail then all also need to buy the quarter glass seals and the felt kit also. Will this be all I need or am I missing something. I'm sorry to ask so many questions. But the car was taken completely apart and a bunch of the parts are gone. I'm just trying to save another one.

Rich G.

If you're talking about sealing the car don't forget about the seal around the doors and the end pieces. Also the trunk and tail light seals. Detroit Muscle Tecnologies shows everything you need also.

Ohiowoodchuck

Is there any clips needed to attach the weatherstripping.

anlauto

Weather-strips:
Door weather-strip (comes with clips installed)
Roof-Rail Weather-strip (no clips required, possibly glue)
1/4 Window vertical rubber seals (press fit, no clips or glue needed)
Door Jamb seals (attaches by 4 screws on each side)
Door Seal End Caps (attaches by 4 screws on each side)
Open cell foam seals for roof rail (glues on between the body and the stainless drip rail moldings)
Closed cell foam seal (sticky on one side, attaches to the stainless weather-strip Channel)
Window fuzzies (attach to the outer door frame and interior door panel (8 pc or 4pc kits available)
ALL of the above available from Detroit Muscle Technologies  OR of course our favorite supplier, Roseville Moparts  :twothumbsup:

Trim:
Stainless drip rail moldings (attaches with 5-6 screws per side)  available in reproduction
Steel/Stainless drip rail weather strip channels (attaches with 13 screws per side)NOT available in reporduction
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

These are "weather-strip channels " they are sort of a galvanized metal channel with a stainless trim fixed on to them, and they have lots of holes for attaching. They are also unique to Barracuda, Challenger ones are different, same with the above moldings you posted.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Ohiowoodchuck

Thank you my good man. I'll just a wanted ad and see if I can find a set.