Main Menu

Drip rail weatherstripping

Started by RazorX, October 04, 2021, 10:46:52 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RazorX

What is the correct name for the weatherstripping that is pictured here. Photo is of view above drivers door looking down at trim and   rear intermediate window.  Where can I find replacement for that "drip rail". Or what's it called thx y'all.  Also, what is proper way to install.  1973 chally

anlauto

That was just a form of seam sealer from the factory...it's not a gasket or weather-strip, nor can you "buy it" You would have to get a tube of sealer and apply it. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mrbill426

@anlauto , is that sealer required in the channel?  I don't recall our car having any  :thinking:  so I had planned on just using the roof rail gaskets I bought from DMT.

Quote from: anlauto on October 04, 2021, 11:43:50 AM
That was just a form of seam sealer from the factory...it's not a gasket or weather-strip, nor can you "buy it" You would have to get a tube of sealer and apply it. :alan2cents:

anlauto

The sealer in question is on the outside of the car and seals where the roof skin is welded to the drip rail.  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Mrbill426

@anlauto ,  ok, so what is under the paint here, is the same sealer that is cracked out in the other photos?

Quote from: anlauto on January 15, 2023, 02:14:48 PM
The sealer in question is on the outside of the car and seals where the roof skin is welded to the drip rail.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

Yes, hard to tell on a restored car, what was done.

Mrbill426