Main Menu

What’s up with this extra on my fender tag?

Started by Swamp Donkey, December 09, 2020, 03:16:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Swamp Donkey

Just curious as to what this extra thin piece of tin is. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Swamp Donkey

Just don't normally see it on other cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

1 Wild R/T

Inspection tag.. The stamps are inspectors approval...  That style is typically used on later model stuff, yours being a 73 qualifies...

cuda hunter

Usually they are stamped and then cut off at the end of the line.  So most often they are only a little sharp piece of metal under the tag that catch's your wrist when working in the bay. 

That's a really cool item to still have on your car. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cudamadd

I have the same tag on my car not cut so I took it off and placed it under the fender tag and but the sewers but in :australia:

Flatdad

Quote from: cudamadd on December 09, 2020, 10:05:08 PM
I have the same tag on my car not cut so I took it off and placed it under the fender tag and but the sewers but in :australia:

Good grief buddy...

"...put the screws back in." is what I assume you meant

76orangewagon

Keep it ...its a good piece of the cars history. Here's mine off a 71 'Cuda with a April 30 build date. 

PLY474

This one is off of my 74.  If anyone knows, I'd like to know what each inspection was.  Some are obvious, but what is SOL L&R, H+D L&R?

FRAME
SOL L
SOL R
DOOR L
DOOR R
H+D L
H+D R
DRILL
METAL
FINAL (guessing, can't read it)
PAINT

PLY474

I'll take a guess at answering my own question....  There were at least two body inspectors on each line, left & right, before paint.  Maybe a 3rd under the car for frame inspection.  SOL L&R is solder or lead work?  H+D L&R is hood and deck lid alignment?   :dunno:

BluRaySRT

In what year did the use of the fender tag begin?  Thanks!