Main Menu

Wheel well trim for 70 Cuda

Started by B5fourspeed, February 01, 2018, 09:48:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Rich G.

On my Cuda they either fit the top or the bottom never both. I got a shrinker/ stretcher and spent about an hour per wheel well and got them to fit good. The OER ones on my Challenger were pretty much right on.

Topcat

So I spoke with @B5fourspeed last week about these being put on.

Bob mentioned he wouldn't want try to put these on a painted car.
However I guess you could 3M tape the areas to do it while test fitting and adjusting.

Has anyone put these on a painted car without issues?

Claudia

Quote from: Topcat on February 07, 2018, 06:42:50 PM
So I spoke with @B5fourspeed last week about these being put on.

Bob mentioned he wouldn't want try to put these on a painted car.
However I guess you could 3M tape the areas to do it while test fitting and adjusting.

Has anyone put these on a painted car without issues?

I did not pre-fit any of my wheel well trim and installed them all after the car was painted.
You just have to take your time and be careful.

Lloyd Lind

I did several cars after paint, using my dead blow hammer on each one and never hurt the paint, I have no idea why it didn't other than the fact that the trim is aluminum and a soft metal. When given the option though I fit prior to paint.

B5fourspeed

I purchased wheel well trim AMD.I put them on last week.The fronts where on in about 20 minutes each.The backs about 30 to 40 minutes each.The fit out of the box was ten times better than the OER ones.I did not have to cut any of the lengths.No extra screws.They cost 220 dollars and 10 dollars shipping.