Main Menu

Wheel opening trim

Started by Matt13, October 11, 2022, 05:05:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Matt13

Best source for a set for a Barracuda? Looking for a good fitting product.

Rich G.

I don't think any repo ones fit perfect but the ones I got by OER just needed a little work to make them fit.

B5fourspeed

AMD is a strong 9 1/2 to 10.No trimming.

anlauto

The OER ones fit like crap on my car....but it just could have been "my" car  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rich G.

I did have to use a shrinker/ stretcher to make them fit. Didn't know AMD made them at the time.

Fern

Used AMD and just had to slightly bend them into place. Not bad at all and no trimming

B5fourspeed

Alan,I tried the OER ones before I ordered the ones from AMD and saying they fit like crap is dead on.They where absolutely horrible.Each one of them needed to be cut to length and not even close on the fitment to the body lines.I argued with OER for over 30 minutes.I sent them pictures and I got my refund

anlauto

Glad to hear it wasn't just my car, I do plan to replace them one day...or sell the car :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

69BFan

The AMD wheel opening trim for the Cuda application is provided to them through FDC which is Ron Felwock.  He provides the same trim to Year One as well for the wheel openings.  The OER brand is quite possibly the ones that Metro Moldings was making years ago as they purchased that tooling from Joel.

Ron provides both the Challenger and Cuda wheel opening trim in addition to the 68-70 Chargers, Road Runners and Coronets.  Unfortunately, the Cuda wheel opening trim has been on back order.  Ron hopes that they will be back in stock very soon.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

anlauto

I always love and appreciate your input Richard  :worship:

Cuda_mark

Quote from: 69BFan on October 12, 2022, 01:54:14 PM
The AMD wheel opening trim for the Cuda application is provided to them through FDC which is Ron Felwock.  He provides the same trim to Year One as well for the wheel openings.  The OER brand is quite possibly the ones that Metro Moldings was making years ago as they purchased that tooling from Joel.

Ron provides both the Challenger and Cuda wheel opening trim in addition to the 68-70 Chargers, Road Runners and Coronets.  Unfortunately, the Cuda wheel opening trim has been on back order.  Ron hopes that they will be back in stock very soon.

Good info..thanks for that. I was wondering if there were actual different manufacturers for each. I've been considering adding the wheel well trim to my convertible. I can't make up my mind if I like the with or without look more.